Bible Studies/Holy Bible Teachings.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Scott

1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ?

The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament summary would be
Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace.

2. The five qualities mentioned viz Hate, Jealousy, Greed, Lust and
Anger are obstacles for showing Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace. i.e. Every Human Being (Man or Woman) has these qualities
in percentage (%), for example some may have less jealousy, hatred, greed, lust but anger could be more.

Do you feel if a Human Being overcomes, controls and manage these
qualities, this could lead to Love, Brotherhood, Compassion and Peace universally ?

Can you please share me with your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Hello, Prashant. It's nice to hear from you.

You ask some excellent questions. Let me see if I can help out. Let's start with the first question.

ANSWER:  

Jesus taught that the first and greatest commandment is to love God. The second is like it--to love your neighbor as yourself. These two laws summarize all of God's laws. The Bible also teaches that Christians are family, and that they ought to pursue unity. Furthermore, peace is a character trait that comes from the Holy Spirit.

The Bible also teaches that we are all sinners. We have all broken God's law. In fact, we're incapable of pleasing God. Our sinful nature is proud and self-centered--the opposite of love. Love is not natural, nor is it possible without God.

Our only hope of pursuing true love is to first acknowledge the sin that separates us from God. Second, we need to understand that we cannot come to God on our own merits but must rely on Jesus Christ as the way to God. Jesus, God's Son, the perfect God/Man, lived a perfect life but served our death sentence when He was crucified on a cross. He conquered death and arose from the dead. In doing so, He offers the free gift of salvation to whoever will accept it.

This is what Jesus referred to as being "born again." When one is born again, he is born into God's family, made a child of God, and the sin barrier is removed. There is no further condemnation. God, in the person of the Holy Spirit, then indwells that believer and empowers him to do those things that are pleasing to God ... such as loving God, loving others, and pursuing peace and unity.

ANSWER:

Perhaps, from a human perspective, one could say that we all possess different degrees of hatred, jealousy, greed, lust, anger, or simply lack of genuine love. But, in God's eyes, we are all equally sinful. Jesus said that, when one breaks one of God's laws, he breaks them all. It takes only one sin to make one a sinner.

While we can use self-discipline in an attempt to control our sinful tendencies, we will never be able to fully overcome them ourselves. We need God to help us to do this. And that requires that we first get on God's side by being born again.

One day, there will be universal peace and love. But this will take place only when Jesus returns to earth a second time and establishes His rule, with His people.

You asked these questions for a reason. I am curious to know what your reasons were for asking. Would you mind sharing them with me?

Scott

QUESTION: Dear Scott

Thank you.

The questions from my side was to understand the Teachings and Preaching of the Holy Bible.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
That's great, Prashant.

Have you ever received God's free gift of salvation by placing your faith in Jesus Christ? Read John 3:1-21, Romans 3:23, 6:23, 10:9-13.

Revelation 22:17 The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.

Matthew 11:29 [Jesus said] Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

I would be happy to answer any other questions you may have.

Scott

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot