Bible Studies/Holy Bible Teachings.

Question
Dear Rev. Darryl

1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ?

The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament summary would be
Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace.

2. The five qualities mentioned viz Hate, Jealousy, Greed, Lust and
Anger are obstacles for showing Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace. i.e. Every Human Being (Man or Woman) has these qualities
in percentage (%), for example some may have less jealousy, hatred, greed, lust but anger could be more.

Do you feel if a Human Being overcomes, controls and manage these
qualities, this could lead to Love, Brotherhood, Compassion and Peace universally ?

Can you please share me with your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello Prashant, thank you for writing. Now you asked me if i agree...so lets review things:

1. I agree that the 'Bible" teaches Love, Compassion, Brotherhood, and Peace. Not Just the New Testament. The Bible also teaches the consequences of not having Love. Without Love, you cannot have Compassion, Brotherhood or Peace.

Now it is in the New Testament, that we find the attributes of Love:

1 Cor 13:4- 1st clause 8

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

8 Love never fails.

Without these qualities there is no way that one can achieve brotherhood and peace. For without them, nothing will exist except contentions and strife. Everything starts with Love.
This is how Jesus himself summarized the commandments:

Matthew 22:
36 Master, which is the great commandment in the law?

37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

38 This is the first and great commandment.

39 And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets.

So we see the first and Greatest commandment is to LOVE GOD with ALL. The second is to LOVE our neighbour as we love ourselves.

Questions: If we love ourselves, would we do anything that would bring harm or destruction to ourselves? Would we slander our own names, or treat ourselves harshly? Of course not. So then, should we treat others that way? Wouldn't the outcome of us treating others that way not only bring harm to them, but to us as well? Surely we will be treated the way we treat others.

Let us look at another scripture:

1 John 4:7-9
King James Version #KJV#
7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.

8 He that loveth not knoweth not God; for God is love.

9 In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.

We see here the revelation that Love comes from God, is of God and without God, we cannot Love. Now as I stated, everything starts with Love. God created man in Love, and when our Forefather Adam sinned and as a result sin and death entered into the world, God immediately purposed to show forth his love for us, for His Son to be given as sacrifice so that we might be saved.

You: 2. The five qualities mentioned viz Hate, Jealousy, Greed, Lust and
Anger are obstacles for showing Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace. i.e. Every Human Being #Man or Woman# has these qualities
in percentage #%#, for example some may have less jealousy, hatred, greed, lust but anger could be more.

The obstacles that you list do not prevent showing Loving etc. they prevent Love from existing inside of us. We must understand that Love has no part and cannot exist where Hate, Jealousy, Lust and anger reside, for these are not qualities of God, nor do they in anyway harmonize with the qualities of Love as shown In 1st Cor 13.

I used  to ask a question to my class."How many emotions can exist within us at one time?" Now according to our human minds and the way we view things the answer almost always more than one. However, only one emotion can exist at one time.

Example; You cant love and hate a person at the same time. One emotion has to decrease in order for the other to increase. When the one totally dies or is gone, then and only then can the other exist.

Now as far as having percentages of each of the 5, I do not agree. There is jealousy not a percentage of jealousy, the only difference would be in the way it is expressed.  Example; A person can be jealous of another and no negative action taken against that person. If the jealous person starts to act on the jealousy by expression, the jealousy during its progression will change into another emotion, such as anger, then from anger to hate. When it reaches hate....the action which is usually harmful to another, is caused by the hate as a result of the jealousy, but not by the jealousy itself.

Now you asked "IF" a man could control or manage these emotions could it lead to love etc. My answer to that question would be no. At best all the person could do is manage his feelings and control himself from acting out as a result of them.

If a Human "overcomes" these feelings ...it would lead to Love...However, without God, it is impossible for a human to overcome such feelings. We must understand that a mans heart#mind# is inherently evil being born in sin and shaped in iniquity, and without God, this condition cannot change.

I hope this answers your questions as to my feelings on this subject.

God Bless and Keep You;

Rev. Darryl Murphy  

Bible Studies

Rev. Darryl Murphy