Bible Studies/Holy Bible Teachings.

Question
Dear Joel

1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ?

The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament summary would be
Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace.

2. The five qualities mentioned viz Hate, Jealousy, Greed, Lust and
Anger are obstacles for showing Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace. i.e. Every Human Being (Man or Woman) has these qualities
in percentage (%), for example some may have less jealousy, hatred, greed, lust but anger could be more.

Do you feel if a Human Being overcomes, controls and manage these
qualities, this could lead to Love, Brotherhood, Compassion and Peace universally ?

Can you please share me with your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
I'd generally agree with you on these issues.  You speak of people "controlling and managing" negative qualities. While we should live according to spiritual ideals, the Bible teaches that we cannot simply "manage" such things on our own.  Sin is anything that keeps us from God.  We cannot overcome sin except by the grace, the forgiveness, of God.  The Bible says "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."  It says that our righteousness is as "filthy rags." We need to allow the Holy Spirit--God's presence in us--to absolve things like hated and anger.  We cannot save ourselves.  It comes from a personal relationship with God.  Scripture says, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us."  Redemption is not through reincarnation or self effort, but is solely through the grace of God.  The object of faith is to realize what God has created us to be.  Joel

Bible Studies

Joel Bjorling