Bible Studies/Holy Bible Teachings.

Question
Dear Dr Shirley

1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ?

The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament summary would be
Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace.

2. The five qualities mentioned viz Hate, Jealousy, Greed, Lust and
Anger are obstacles for showing Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace. i.e. Every Human Being (Man or Woman) has these qualities
in percentage (%), for example some may have less jealousy, hatred, greed, lust but anger could be more.

Do you feel if a Human Being overcomes, controls and manage these
qualities, this could lead to Love, Brotherhood, Compassion and Peace universally ?

Can you please share me with your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hi, Prashant,
Thank you for your questions, which I'll be glad to answer below.

You asked: Do you agree on this point mentioned below ?

The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament summary would be Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace.

My answer: The four spiritual qualities of love, compassion, brotherhood, and peace are indeed among the traits that the New Testament teaches and urges all Christians to have and exhibit. However, the New Testament's main summary is not about these qualities apart from Jesus Christ and what he has achieved for anyone who trusts in him for their salvation. The New Testament is mainly about a) the life and ministry of Christ in fulfillment of the covenant Yahweh God Almighty made with Abraham, and b) how people should respond to what Jesus has done.

In what we call the Abrahamic covenant, Yahweh promised Abraham that all nations will be blessed through his "seed," and that seed is Jesus Christ (Genesis 22:18; Galatians 3:14, 16). This is how people can be blessed through this seed: If Anyone of any nationality a) believes in Jesus the Son of God, that he was born on Earth as a human, that he died to pay the penalty for our sin (the penalty is death), and b) does the will of Yahweh by obeying His commandments, then that person will receive salvation, where their sins will be forgiven and they will live forever with Yahweh and Jesus after their future resurrection (John 3:16; Matthew 7:21-23; John 5:28-29; Daniel 12:2). If anyone willfully rejects Jesus or rebels against God's commandments found in the Bible, then they will not be saved but eternally condemned upon their resurrection (John 3:18).

You asked: The five qualities mentioned viz Hate, Jealousy, Greed, Lust and Anger are obstacles for showing Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace. i.e. Every Human Being (Man or Woman) has these qualities in percentage (%), for example some may have less jealousy, hatred, greed, lust but anger could be more.

Do you feel if a Human Being overcomes, controls and manage these qualities, this could lead to Love, Brotherhood, Compassion and Peace universally ?

My answer: Controlling or even eliminating such negative qualities as jealousy and anger does not automatically result in positive qualities such as love and peace. For example, you can express no anger and be apathetic. So you will have to both a) control your negative qualities and b) develop and cultivate positive qualities. You cannot just control your negative qualities and automatically expect your positive traits to flourish or even exist. So if you want to be more loving, you will have to a) eliminate ungodly hatred and b) develop love and cultivate it. However, developing godly qualities has to be done with the help of the Holy Spirit, which Yahweh gives genuine Christians. Galatians 5:22-23 speaks of the qualities of the Holy Spirit, which are Christ-like qualities that Yahweh aims to develop in each Christian so long as the Christian cooperates with God to be obedient and remain faithful to Him and His Son Jesus Christ. The fruit of the Holy Spirit includes love, joy, peace, goodness, faith, meekness, kindness, self-control, and longsuffering (patient endurance).

I've written articles on the fruit of the Holy Spirit. Feel free to visit my site to read them: http://www.ultra-ability.com

I hope I've fully answered your questions. If you need any clarification or have follow-up questions related to this topic, please reply to my response. If you have other questions not related to this topic, please submit a new query by filling out a new form.

Thank you, and have a great day!

Shirley

Bible Studies

Dr. Shirley Cheng