Bible Studies/Holy Bible Teachings.

Dear Mel

1. Do you agree on this point mentioned below ?

The teachings of the Holy Bible - New Testament summary would be
Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace.

2. The five qualities mentioned viz Hate, Jealousy, Greed, Lust and
Anger are obstacles for showing Love, Compassion, Brotherhood and Peace. i.e. Every Human Being (Man or Woman) has these qualities
in percentage (%), for example some may have less jealousy, hatred, greed, lust but anger could be more.

Do you feel if a Human Being overcomes, controls and manage these
qualities, this could lead to Love, Brotherhood, Compassion and Peace universally ?

Can you please share me with your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Greetings Prashant,

You asked about good qualities of behavior versus bad qualities, and about universal peace.

We agree with your summary, however there is more to the equation and you may already be aware of that.

1. God created us and he gives us two choices, eternal life or eternal death (Deu. 30:15, 19, Mat. 7:13-14, Rev. 21:6-8) , and while we are making our choice by our daily behavior (thoughts, words and actions), we may enjoy blessings or suffer cursings.   The curses can result from our own, wrong, daily choices, previous wrong choices of our parents and ancestors, and the wrong choices of those around us (peers) or over us (governments.)

Adam and Eve were given life with blessings, and warned that one wrong choice would result in death (Gen. 2:17).

God later chose Abraham and from his descendants, the nation of Israel, to be a priesthood to the rest of the world:  "Now therefore, if you will obey my voice indeed, and keep my covenant, then you shall be a peculiar treasure [special] unto me above all people: for all the earth is mine:  And you shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which you [Moses] shall speak unto the children of Israel." (Ex. 19:5-6).

[Note: the present political entity of Israel is only one portion of one tribe of the original Israel.  Israel, and later the separated kingdom of Judah, seldom kept the covenant God made with Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, and through Moses, and the present kingdom of Judah certainly is not.  When they did keep it, it did not last for more than one generation (Judges 2:18-19).

Also note, that this covenant, which was about being a priesthood to all other nations, also applied to any non-Israelites ("the stranger among you," Ex. 12:48-49) that would choose to worship the God of Abraham, as Ruth did ("your God will be my God", Ruth 1:16).  That God accepted non-Israelites is shown in that Ruth (who married to Boaz) was an ancestor of Jesus through Mary (Lk. 3:32 "Boaz").]

The choice of life or death, with blessings or cursings, was repeated to the entire nation of Israel (all twelve tribes) under the leadership of Moses (Ex. 19:5-6, above).

By the time Christ came, the majority of the Israelites had been taken away captive to Assyria (721 BCE, never to return) and Babylon (588 BCE, only 42,360 returned) and the remaining Jews had added so many "customs, traditions" and nit-picking rituals to the perfect law given by God, that it was impossible to observe them all.   

". . . Thus have you made the commandment of God of none effect by your tradition.  You hypocrites, well did Esaias [Isaiah] prophesy of you, saying, This people draws nigh unto me with their mouth, and honors me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men." (Mat. 15:6-9).

In other words, "having a form of Godliness, but denying the power thereof, from such turn away" . . . "ever learning and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth" (1Tim. 3:5,7).

When Christ came and said, "I am truth" (Jn. 14:6), and that the greatest law is Love (toward God and toward others, Mat. 22:36-40), it turned the world of the religious leadership (priests, scribes and Pharisees) upside down (Acts 17:6).  They were equating righteousness and the approval of God with wealth and the "outward appearance", emphasizing the Temple and their own "customs and traditions" rather than the conversion of the heart and having faith.  Even in the things they tried to do correctly (the commandments), they were hypocrites, according to Jesus.

According to millions who have left from all the various christian denominations today, the hypocrisy has not changed.  While some may change their behavior from drunkenness, drugs, whoring, and stealing, to a more legal lifestyle, very few stop lying, hating, lusting or being selfish, including the religious leadership.  Even among those who sins are not obvious, there is no true happiness, joy and peace of mind, indicating a failure of genuine repentance and avoidance of sin.

Jesus was the one who said that very "few" find the narrow way that leads to eternal life (Mat. 7:14).  After he returns to earth and sets up his kingdom, that "way" will be made obvious to all people (Zech. 14:1-21, esp. v. 19).

In the meantime, we are told how to recognize whether we actually have the holy spirit of God working in our individual lives, and how to recognize it in the lives of others.  The "fruits", or proof, of that is in our behavior which includes our thoughts, our words and our actions.

The fruits of God's holy spirit are listed in Gal. 5:22-23, Col. 3:12-23, Eph. 5:9-11, 6:1-10, 1Tim. 3:2-4, 1Ths 5:14-15, Jas. 3:17-18.
Even faith, without these good works, is a dead faith, Jas. 2:17, 20, 26, Rev. 20:12, 13, 22:12.

The works of the flesh are listed in Gal. 5:19-21, 26, Col. 3:5-9, 2Cor. 12:20-21, Eph. 5:3-7, 11, 1Tim. 1:9-10, 3:2,8, Mk. 7:21-23, Rom. 1:29-32, Rev. 21:8.

These are expansions of your own shorter lists, and of the two "great" laws that Christ repeated in response to the question of what is most important in the law (Mat. 22:35-40).

The behavior of most people, Christian or otherwise, is a combination of these two lists, however, that state is not acceptable to Christ.

"You shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles? Even so every good tree brings forth good fruit; but a corrupt tree brings forth evil fruit. A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. Every tree that brings not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire. Wherefore by their fruits you shall know them." (Mat. 7:16-20).

According to Christ, we cannot continue to be a mixture and escape death.  "To him that overcomes (sin) will I give life, . . .  "grant to sit with me in my throne". . . and "give power over the nations" (Rev. 2:7, 17, 26, and 3:21).

The overcoming is a daily effort (Lk. 11:3-4 "day by day", Mat. 6:11, "this day").

"If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:"
"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us." (1Jn. 1:6, 8-10).

Universal peace and love would be the result if everyone overcame all their sins, but the world is headed in the opposite direction.  See "The End of the world in today's news" (Link below) on our web page.  Christ explained what will happen at the end of the world as we know it, when he returns (Mat. 24:3-51, and his answer is continued in the book of Revelation).

The bad news is that these things are already beginning to come to pass.  The good news is that means that it will not be a long time before Christ comes to enforce peace in the world, using a rod of iron when necessary (Rev. 2:27, 12:5, 19:15).

"And God shall wipe away all tears . . . and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away."
"He that overcomes shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone: which is the second death." (Rev. 21:7-8).
"And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it (the new Jerusalem, with Christ as King): and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honor into it." (v. 24).

See "What is the True Gospel Of Jesus Christ". (link below)

We hope this helps.

Mel and Guyna

Bible Studies

Mel and Guyna Horne

Anyone can read the Bible but sometimes it helps to have someone assist with the understanding (Acts 8:26-40). Truth comes from God through his holy spirit of truth (Jn. 16:13, 1Cor. 2:12), which is available to anyone who believes, repents and seeks God fervently and wholeheartedly, with humility, faith and persistence (Mat. 7:7, Deu. 4:29, Isa. 66:2, Jas. 4:1-10, Phil. 2:12). Truth is not limited to, or by, manís religious organizations, church traditions, popular beliefs or personal opinions (Jn. 8:32, 14:6). We will try to help anyone who is trying to understand scripture or Christian living. [Please do not submit homework questions as they will be rejected.]

Over 50 years of personal study of the entire Bible (Deu. 8:3, Mat. 4:4, 2Tim. 3:16, Deu. 4:12, Rev. 22:18). B.A. in Theology with continuing studies in religious history and education (2Tim 2:15, 1Ths. 5:21). Years of informal counseling of young adults, teens, couples, and prisoners, based on scripture and on actual life experience in the world outside of classrooms and church buildings and including a long and happy marriage. After years of experience with organized religion, we are non-denominational. Publications:; on God's Holy Days, Lying, the Sacred Names Doctrine; articles on Terrorism and Islam, the Gospel of Christ, Preparing Yourself for Life in the Kingdom of Christ; What Happens After Death

Organizations are of men, not God. While God may use some of them to facilitate his plan, organizations train their people to follow, not to lead. God was able to create the whole Creation, as we see it, in only six days, because he did not use a committee. Ten years after 9/11, the only thing approved for construction at the New York site was a mosque.

"If a man would teach others, he must first teach himself." - Source Unknown. B.A. in Theology, over 50 years of personal study, the last sixteen of which have been full time study and research resulting in publication of several books and many articles.