Bible Studies/Miracles of Lord Jesus Christ.

Dear Dean

What could the reasons that we as common people cannot perform the miracles performed by Lord Jesus Christ ?

is it because of the following reasons ?

1. Lord Jesus Christ had Love, Compassion, Brotherhood, Charity, Peace, Showing Mercy, Kindness and so other noble qualities which we as common people do not possess.
2. Lord Jesus Christ didn't had any of this evil qualities viz
Greed, Lust, Jealousy, Anger, Hatred which lead to commit sins
in our life.
3. We as common people are born with worldly things viz money, material etc, Lord Jesus Christ was not bounded by those worldly things.

Can you please share your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prashant,

I believe that the reason we don't see many miracles performed by followers of Christ in our time is the same as we read about in Jesus' time, namely:

Matt 13:54-58
54 When He had come to His own country, He taught them in their synagogue, so that they were astonished and said, "Where did this Man get this wisdom and these mighty works? 55 Is this not the carpenter's son? Is not His mother called Mary? And His brothers James, Joses, Simon, and Judas? 56 And His sisters, are they not all with us? Where then did this Man get all these things?" 57 So they were offended at Him.

But Jesus said to them, "A prophet is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house."  58 Now He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief. NKJV

It was not a weakness or lack on Jesus' part, but a questioning of the people that Jesus came to and among whom He desired  to heal and do mighty works; questions about Jesus having authority and power to do these things.  Jesus marvelled at their "unbelief".  We live in a time when even those who belong to a church and know of their salvation in Jesus Christ are unable to get over the empirical system of science that has been fed to them since they started going to school. We question if healing and other miracles by God's people are something God is still doing through His people.

"Doubt" is the absence of "faith". And without faith within people not even Jesus could accomplish what He wanted to do among His own people.

This truth is important enough that the Holy Spirit gave a similar message to not only Matthew but also Mark, Luke and John in their Gospel writings:
Mark 6:1-6,     Luke 4:23-27,   John 4:43-44.

If there are other reasons why the mighty works are not being done among us, I have not yet found it in the Bible.

Yours in Christ

Bible Studies

Dean Gade

I can answer questions concerning the translating of specific words and translations of the New Testament. I can give the etemology of Greek words, primarily in the Koine Greek, but also in Classical Greek. I can also give explanations of much of the Bible having read it many times and written many Bible studies.

I studied Greek in earning my BA at a university and my DTh. and MDiv. at an accredited seminary. I was a diviity student at both the university and seminary, spending most of those eight years studying the Bible.