Bible Studies/Miracles of Lord Jesus Christ.

Dear Joel

What could the reasons that we as common people cannot perform the miracles performed by Lord Jesus Christ ?

is it because of the following reasons ?

1. Lord Jesus Christ had Love, Compassion, Brotherhood, Charity, Peace, Showing Mercy, Kindness and so other noble qualities which we as common people do not possess.
2. Lord Jesus Christ didn't had any of this evil qualities viz
Greed, Lust, Jealousy, Anger, Hatred which lead to commit sins
in our life.
3. We as common people are born with worldly things viz money, material etc, Lord Jesus Christ was not bounded by those worldly things.

Can you please share your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Miracles are usually signs of God's presence.  They are not for themselves alone.  It is possible, however, that Jesus could have performed what seemed to be miracles because of his knowledge of healing (like that he may have received training in healing in the East).  Generally, healing was a testimony of faith.  It was not a question of whether others could do it--or that we can do it--, but miracles testified to the value of Jesus's ministry.  He did call us to pray for healing and to pray for one another.  Recall that Paul wrote, "If there be sick amongst you, call upon the elders of the church."  There is a spiritual aspect to healing.  Mary Baker Eddy, founder of Christian Science, believed that God's power, demonstrated and used by believers, brings healing.  Joel

Bible Studies

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about the Bible and offer guidance in Bible study resources.

I have education in Bible from Oral Roberts University, as well as an MA from McCormick Theological Seminary. I have written several articles on Bible study topics. I am an ordained, nondenominational minister.

Articles in journals of the Foundation for Biblical Research, Personal Freedom Outreach, and Restoration Research

BA, Oral Roberts University, Behavioral Science (included courses in the Bible and theology) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary Further study, Garrett-Evangelical Theological School Further study, Moody Bible Institute, Christian education