Bible Studies/Miracles of Lord Jesus Christ.

Question
Dear Dr Shirley

http:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWBMQAqfIY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNvKIO47_vw
http://christianity.about.com/od/biblefactsandlists/a/Miracles-Of-Jesus.htm

What could the reasons that we as common people cannot perform the miracles performed by Lord Jesus Christ ?

is it because of the following reasons ?

1. Lord Jesus Christ had Love, Compassion, Brotherhood, Charity, Peace, Showing Mercy, Kindness and so other noble qualities which we as common people do not possess.
2. Lord Jesus Christ didn't had any of this evil qualities viz
Greed, Lust, Jealousy, Anger, Hatred which lead to commit sins
in our life.
3. We as common people are born with worldly things viz money, material etc, Lord Jesus Christ was not bounded by those worldly things.

Can you please share your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hi, Prashant,

Thank you for your question, and I'll be glad to answer it below.

You asked: What could the reasons that we as common people cannot perform the miracles performed by Lord Jesus Christ ?

Greed, Lust, Jealousy, Anger, Hatred which lead to commit sins in our life.

My response: While all your three statements are generally correct, the answer to your question is "no."

First and foremost, we have to keep in mind that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. Before he was born on Earth as a human being, he existed and lived with Yahweh God Almighty in heaven (John 1:1-2, 15). Jesus is the second highest ranking Being in existence, just one level below the Father, Yahweh (John 10:29; John 14:28). As the only Being rightly called the only begotten Son of God (John 1:18), Jesus has supernatural powers and abilities given to him by God. No one, whether spiritual or physical, can match his powers, except God. Therefore, when he was born on Earth as a human, Jesus was able to exercise some of his powers when it was in accordance with his Father's will. Among the powers he exercised were the miracles he performed.

Second, the main reason why Jesus performed his miracles was to prove to everyone that he was the Son of God who was sent by God to do God's will (John 5:36; John 11:41-42), and secondarily to show compassion and mercy to the ill. Many of the earliest apostles and disciples were given some powers to perform miracles so that they could advance God's Kingdom by adding new converts to the body of believers.

So if we want to perform miracles, God has to grant us the ability to do so and it has to be up to His will. Being virtuous or having good spiritual qualities does not automatically enable us to perform miracles. Yahweh gives every Christian a unique spiritual gift, such as the gift of teaching, evangelism, wisdom, and the ability to heal miraculously (1 Corinthians 12:8-11), so not even every earliest Christian could perform miracles.  Supernatural powers have to foremost come from God and be granted for a specific reason. When God does not choose by His sovereignty to give us powers, then it does not matter how good, loving, or kind we are. At times, Yahweh briefly gives powers even to the ungodly in order to serve His purposes (Numbers 22-24).

Simply put, whether or not we can perform miracles is entirely dependent on God's decision whether to give us powers, regardless of our spiritual condition.

Of course, not all supernatural powers come from God directly; demons can sometimes give people the power to perform signs and wonders in order to get them deceive others into worshipping falsehoods. For instance, demons give fortune-tellers the ability to give an accurate reading in order to turn people's worship away from Yahweh (Acts 16:16-19). This is why Yahweh forbids His people to consult mediums and soothsayers (Deuteronomy 18:10-14).

I hope I've answered your question fully. Let me know if you need any clarification.

Thank you again, and have a beautiful day!

Shirley
http://www.ultra-ability.com

Bible Studies

Dr. Shirley Cheng