Bible Studies/Miracles of Lord Jesus Christ.

Question
Dear Rev. Darryl

http:en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miracles_of_Jesus
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiWBMQAqfIY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNvKIO47_vw
http://christianity.about.com/od/biblefactsandlists/a/Miracles-Of-Jesus.htm

What could the reasons that we as common people cannot perform the miracles performed by Lord Jesus Christ ?

is it because of the following reasons ?

1. Lord Jesus Christ had Love, Compassion, Brotherhood, Charity, Peace, Showing Mercy, Kindness and so other noble qualities which we as common people do not possess.
2. Lord Jesus Christ didn't had any of this evil qualities viz
Greed, Lust, Jealousy, Anger, Hatred which lead to commit sins
in our life.
3. We as common people are born with worldly things viz money, material etc, Lord Jesus Christ was not bounded by those worldly things.

Can you please share your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello again Prashant and thank you for asking me to share my views on this topic.

Now lets look at your question.

You: "What could the reasons that we as common people cannot perform the miracles performed by Lord Jesus Christ ?"

1. Well the first problem is "common people" will never be able to perform the "miracles" of God, for it is not appointed to "common man" to do anything for God, the person would have to be "spiritual", of "faith".

2. The miracles performed by Jesus were for a reason. They were done, so that by the Testimony of scripture and the miracles performed, that those who saw him and those who have not, may believe in Jesus, and his Father that sent him. All miracles were performed for the Glory of God.

John 20:
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.

30 And many other signs truly did Jesus in the presence of his disciples, which are not written in this book:

31 But these are written, that ye might believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing ye might have life through his name.

3. It is not the appointed time for "Gods people" to perform miracles.

John 14:11-13

King James Version #KJV#

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

Now there will come a time just like in the days of the apostles, that Gods people will shew for signs and wonders, but the time is not yet, and not all will be gifted with miracles.

We must also be aware, that in the last days, the Anti-Christ will also show signs and wonders in order to mislead the people of the world:

Matthew 24:23-25

King James Version #KJV#

23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

So yes, Jesus did have the qualities listed, and did not have the evil qualities, but it was not for those reasons, that he performed the miracles, and it will not be for those reasons that man will be able to perform them.

I hope this sheds light on my feelings on this subject. If there are further questions or if something needs clarity, please do not hesitate to follow up.

God Bless

Rev. Darryl Murphy  

Bible Studies

Rev. Darryl Murphy