Bible Studies/Miracles of Lord Jesus Christ.

Dear Glenn

What could the reasons that we as common people cannot perform the miracles performed by Lord Jesus Christ ?

is it because of the following reasons ?

1. Lord Jesus Christ had Love, Compassion, Brotherhood, Charity, Peace, Showing Mercy, Kindness and so other noble qualities which we as common people do not possess.
2. Lord Jesus Christ didn't had any of this evil qualities viz
Greed, Lust, Jealousy, Anger, Hatred which lead to commit sins
in our life.
3. We as common people are born with worldly things viz money, material etc, Lord Jesus Christ was not bounded by those worldly things.

Can you please share your views on this ?

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Prashant, I'm not sure why we can't do the miracles that Jesus did. We can't even do the miracles that some of the apostles or the prophets did. Paul, Peter, Phillip, and the prophet  Elijah, performed healings, raised the dead, brought down fire from heaven, traveled in the Spirit  and so forth.

It's embarrassing for sure. Some people think that this power will return to the church in the future. Let's wait and see.

Take care.

Bible Studies

Glenn Hansen

I will gladly respond to questions on perfection, sanctification, justification, the seal of God, and the nature of Christ. I can also help people understand issues related to the ceremonial law and Decalogue in the New Testament. As an SDA, I read more than fifty of Ellen G. White's books in their entirety. I can answer questions about Adventism, from the perspective of a well read member for more than thirty years. Martin Luther's treatise, "The Freedom of a Christian Man" is one of my favorite Christian writings. If I am not comfortable answering a specific question, I will try to refer you to a good resource.

I was a Seventh day Adventist for more than thirty years.I have a special interest in the doctrines of justification, perfection, and the nature of Christ. I have spent the last several years in China and continue to live there.

Good News Unlimited

I studied theology as an undergraduate and briefly attended seminary. I discovered, as a seminary student, that the most important learning takes place outside of the classroom.

Participant in the recent First International Wushu Competition in Zhengzhou, China.

Community chaplain at California State Prison, Sacramento.