Bible Studies/Typo or bad math?

Question
"WWII is recorded to have started Sept. of 1939, Hitler was born in April 1889, so at the time of the starting of the war, Hitler was 40. WOW, there is that number again."

1939-1889=50

I truly admire your inquisitive disposition, but I think the JW mindset of trying to find something, anything, that fits into a pattern is coming out.  It reminds me how people claim Nostradamus was correct...just find anything that seems to match up.

The simple fact is that Jesus will return on a day and hour when NOBODY is expecting it.  Anticipating his return and believing that we are in end times is categorically different than getting excited about a specific future date.

Answer
Hello Adam and thank you for making me aware of the error. It seem that when I typed the numbers in, I did it incorrectly. I will post a correction to this.

Now I have to ask a question to be sure of something:

You: but I think the JW mindset of trying to find something, anything, that fits into a pattern is coming out.

Adam are you referring to my "mindset"? If so, guess I should have written more disclaimers in my post# I do not have the "mindset' of a Jehovahs Witness, I have the "mindset" of an "Eschatologist"# Eschatology is my main focus# So as things go, when I wrote to the JWS, it was not in agreement with the dates of 2014/2015 as being the start of the tribulations etc# I did state that I was dealing with the numbers and history:

"Now without getting into the different theologies,etc, and deal with the numbers and a little history"

I also made the following statements:

"Now again, I do not subscribe to the 2014/2015 dates, and other than the numbers as relates to certain things, have not yet finished a complete study#"

"In past conversations I stated that if WW II would have been stated as the time Satan was kicked out of Heaven and cast down into the earth I would have been more receptive to the Witness time lines; although I also stated, I would not necessarily agree with the doctrines or theologies behind it#"

"knowing that, not by doctrine, but by scripture itself, that signs of the times can be read by the phenomenon in nature as well as paying attention to world events; whereas as I may not be willing to speculate what events will occur, or even if they will occur whatever they may be; it is not inconceivable, nor would I be shocked, especially in consideration of current world events, if something did happen#"

Now because it seems by my post and your writing to me, that I must have been misunderstood so allow me to share my beliefs on certain things:

1# Jesus did not come back invisibly in 1914 and take control of the Kingdom# He was given all power and control after his resurrection:

Matthew 28:17-19

King James Version #KJV#

17 And when they saw him, they worshipped him: but some doubted#

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth#

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the na#e of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

2# Being able to discern the sign of the times:

Matthew 16:2-4

King James Version #KJV#

Matthew 16:2-4
2 He answered and said unto them, When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red#

3 And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering# O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?

2 Timothy 3:1-3

King James Version #KJV#
1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come#
2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,

3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

Matthew 24:7-8

King James Version #KJV#

7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places#
8 All these are the beginning of sorrows#

3# About the Return of Jesus:

Matthew 25:13
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh#

The Bible clearly tells us that we will not know when Jesus will return, however tells us to "watch"# We watch the signs in nature and world events which let us know where we are in the end time scenario#

Also in Biblical Eschatology, we learn the meanings of the numbers and patterns set out it the Bible, such as prophetic years, jubilee years etc# Example:

The Number 40, is generally associated with trials, probation, testing, chaos:

40 #MEM# water; what flows down=chaos)

50 is a number associated with Jubilee years and deals with new cycles. It is also equated with the Holy Spirit,Pentecost.

In eschatology, these numbers are used to identify patterns set out in the bible and apply them to current events in order to help identify where in the "end time" we are. However they are never used by Eschatologist for date setting etc. Date setting is "speculation" and when dates are set and called "truths" that is "prophecy". As I stated many times, I do not deal in date setting or prophecy.

The post you read, was only an agreement that 40 is very significant.It was also acknowledgment that there are certain things throughout history that are definitely fulfillment of prophecy and do in fact fit the patterns. Where the agreement ends; is where the patterns and the things that fit are interpreted to "speculate" on future events and set dates for the events to occur. It is because of this break in agreement that I made the following statement:

"whereas as I may not be willing to speculate what events will occur, or even if they will occur whatever they may be; it is not inconceivable, nor would I be shocked, especially in consideration of current world events, if something did happen. As you and others have said; we will see!"

So again, my participation in the conversation was only as an "eschatologist" understanding the meaning and application of the number 40. As the title of the post stated" A different perspective" states, I was looking at it a different way, not involving theology or doctrine.

"The simple fact is that Jesus will return on a day and hour when NOBODY is expecting it.  Anticipating his return and believing that we are in end times is categorically different than getting excited about a specific future date."

Adam, you are absolutely correct..we do not know and cannot know. You are also correct in saying the expectations and excitement about future dates are different. The future date that I am excited about is unknown and can not be known; therefore realizing we are in the "end times" or "last days" I anticipate the unknown date of Christs return.

Thank you again for bringing the error to my attention, I will correct it immediately. I hope this explains my position on the subject more clearly.

If there is anything that needs further clarification, please do not hesitate to follow up.

God Bless and Keep You,

Rev. Darryl Murphy  

Bible Studies

Rev. Darryl Murphy