Bible Studies/...

Question
Good day scott

Im just wondering why mostly of the religions today involve in a politics.. I mean, what's the scriptural reference for that?

YES! Romans 13 urges us to let ourselves be subjected by the governing authorities in this world but it never urges us to be the ones who will "subject" one another right? Therefore, it never urges us to be involve in a politics. Any insight to this?

Regards

Answer
Hi Dave,

You ask a good question.

Matthew 5:13-16 says, "13 "You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled by men. 14 "You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. 16 In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven."

God desires His people to be salt and light to the world. That means we are to share, live out, and implement God's principles in daily life.

Christians are leaders, too--leaders of homes, of businesses, sometimes serving on school boards, leading committees, in local politics, state politics, even national politics. The world needs good leadership, and Christians are often well-qualified to serve in those roles.

Should we allow the non-believers to provide all the leadership, make the important decisions, and bring their value system to the process without being involved ourselves? No. We may not necessarily persuade others that God's way is the best way, but at least we can have a moderating influence and be a force for good in a society that tends to reject God's ways.

Scott

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot