Bible Studies/bible verses.

Question
QUESTION: Please read and answer the verse in the bible exodus 23;20-21,john 5;43,proverbs 30;4 and micah 6;9,isaiah 24;15,malachi 1;11,king james version.

ANSWER: Hi, Joshua,
I just noticed that your question from a few weeks ago is in the question pool, so I wonder if you still need it to be answered. I'm not exactly sure what your question is actually asking for. I did read all the verses you cited, and they all concern the name of God Almighty. The question in Proverbs 30:4 that is related to this topic is "What is his name, and what is his son’s name, if you know?" The simple answer to this question is: the name of God Almighty is YHWH in Hebrew, from which scholars produce "Yahweh," and the name of Yahweh's son is Jesus.

However, in the Bible, name ("shem" in Hebrew and "onoma" in Greek) often refers to the glory or reputation, rather than simply a label, like "Joshua" or "Shirley." Hence, the name of Yahweh in this sense would be His glorious attributes: love, righteousness, justice, mercy, grace, goodness, power, etc. In light of this, when we know the name of God, we know His essence. So when Isaiah 24:15 says, "Therefore glorify Yahweh in the east, even the name of Yahweh, the God of Israel, in the islands of the sea!" it's speaking of glorifying Yahweh Himself when it spoke about glorifying His name.

I'm not certain if this is the information you're looking for. However, if you'd like to clarify your question, I'd be happy to answer it.

Thank you,
Shirley
www.Ultra-Ability.com Ministry

QUESTION: in the verse john 5;43, he came in his father name but they not accept him,there another name come will accept, the question what another name came will accept?

ANSWER: Hi, Joshua,
Thank you for clarifying your question. I'd be happy to answer it.

In John 5:43, Jesus said, "I have come in my Father’s name, and you don't receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him."

Here, Jesus said that he had come in the authority of his Father, representing God, but the Jews did not believe him and accept him. Yet, if a person went to the Jews in his own authority, representing himself, the Jews would accept him. Jesus knew their tendency to choose the falsehood over the truth, the false Christs over the true Messiah: himself. As their history testifies, Israel had received false prophets (those who "prophesied" in their own authority), rather than receiving the true prophets (those who prophesied in the authority of Yahweh). Likewise, the Jews would receive a false Christ instead of Jesus the true Christ, who was sent by God to do the Father's will, not his own will.

I hope this fully answers your question. If you'd like me to clarify anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you,
Shirley
www.Ultra-Ability.com

QUESTION: in the Dead Sea Scroll the name of God is YHWH,and Son name and a father also are the same name,because in the verse exodus 23;20-21 the Heavenly Father command the angel to lead the Israelite to the promise land and his name is in him. and john 5;43, he said that he came in his father name.

Answer
Hi, Joshua,
I'll be glad to clarify the meaning of "name" in regards to Exodus 23:20-21 and John 5:43.

As I explained previously, "name" in the Bible has several meanings that include "glory," "reputation," "attributes," "authority," and "power." For instance, "in the name of" means "on behalf of," "in the power of," and "with the authority of." Someone who acts in the name of someone else means that person acts with the authority or on the behalf of the other person to represent him or her. For example, we can say, "The ambassador went to Africa in President Obama's name," and this would mean that the ambassador went to Africa with the authority of the president as a representative. This does not mean that the ambassador is named "Obama," having the same name as the president.

So in Exodus 23:20-21 where it says, "Behold, I send an angel before you, to keep you by the way, and to bring you into the place which I have prepared. Pay attention to him, and listen to his voice. Don't provoke him, for he will not pardon your disobedience, for my name is in him," this simply means that this angel was to lead Israel into the Promise Land in the authority and power of YHWH as the representative of YHWH. This angel possessed the attributes of YHWH, as YHWH's name (powers, etc.) was in the angel. This does not mean that this angel was named "YHWH."

Likewise, in John 5:43 where Jesus said, "I have come in my Father’s name, and you don't receive me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive him," this means that Jesus came to Earth in the authority and power of YHWH to do the works of YHWH as His representative. This does not mean that Jesus is named "YHWH."

Here are a few other Bible verses where "name" means "glory," "attributes," "power," or "authority," depending on its context:

a) "The first fruits of your grain, of your new wine, and of your oil, and the first of the fleece of your sheep, you shall give him. For Yahweh your God has chosen him out of all your tribes, to stand to minister in the name of Yahweh, him and his sons for ever." (Deuteronomy 18:4-5, WEB)

The priests were chosen by YHWH (Yahweh) to minister in His name. This means that the priests ministered in the authority and power of YHWH as His representatives. This does not mean that all priests had the same name "YHWH."

b) "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a javelin: but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of Armies, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.'" (1 Samuel 17:45)

David went to defeat the giant in the power and strength of YHWH (Yahweh). David was not named "YHWH."

c) "Now the prophets, Haggai the prophet, and Zechariah the son of Iddo, prophesied to the Jews who were in Judah and Jerusalem; in the name of the God of Israel they prophesied to them." (Ezra 5:1)

In YHWH's name (with YHWH's authority, acting as His representatives), the two prophets prophesied to the Jews. They did not have the name "YHWH."

d) Finally, Christians are to pray in Jesus' name (John 14:13-14). This does not mean that Christians are all to be named "Jesus" when praying. Christians are to pray with the authority of Jesus while exhibiting or conforming to his attributes, seeking after his glory.

In conclusion, "name" does not always refer to what a person is called or known by, such as "Joshua," or "David." Rather, it often means other things, such as "authority" or "power." So "in my name" means "in my authority or power," not "having my name." For example, "Joshua is sent out in Tom's name," means "Joshua is sent out with Tom's authority." It does not mean that Joshua suddenly is known by the name "Tom."

So Exodus 23:20-21 and John 5:43 are not referring to the actual personal names of YHWH and Jesus. They therefore do not prove that Jesus and YHWH have the same name of "YHWH." In actuality, only YHWH is named "YHWH." No other being has the same name as YHWH.

Lastly, the angel mentioned in Exodus 23:20-21 is not Jesus, as Jesus is not an angel. Read what the Bible says:

"Long ago God spoke many times and in many ways to our ancestors through the prophets. And now in these final days, he has spoken to us through his Son. God promised everything to the Son as an inheritance, and through the Son he created the universe. The Son radiates God’s own glory and expresses the very character of God, and he sustains everything by the mighty power of his command. When he had cleansed us from our sins, he sat down in the place of honor at the right hand of the majestic God in heaven. This shows that the Son is far greater than the angels, just as the name God gave him is greater than their names." (Hebrews 1:1-4, NLT)

Jesus is greater than all angels. YHWH even said, "Let all of God’s angels worship him [Jesus]." (Hebrews 1:6)

I hope this clarifies the issue you raised. If you need me to explain anything further, I'll be glad to do so.

Thank you,
Shirley
www.Ultra-Ability.com Ministry

Bible Studies

Dr. Shirley Cheng