Bible Studies/TRINITY

I believe in the Trinity.  But how I could explain others who doubt the 'separate entity of Jesus' as Son of God.  Context that make think differently:
1.  Prayer:  Father, let thy will be done
2.  Jesus sitting on the Right side of God on the throne
3.  I am going to my father.
4.  At the time of Baptism, voice said, "He is my beloved Son"
There are several instances to see Jesus, as a separate entity.

With kind regards.
Yours in Christ,

Hello Prasad;

The triune nature of God is a huge challenge for us, even though we are triune beings ourselves. We are spirits living in physical bodies interacting with the material world through the soul (the mind, will and emotions). Even though we are triune beings, we don't see ourselves that way, we see ourselves as one entity. Normally, we don't see our computers as triune machines either, but they are. A computer's operating system uses programs through the hardware to complete the tasks we input. Taking that analogy back to human beings we are spirit beings, our spirits are our operating systems, who use the programming of the soul (mind, will and emotions) to function in the material universe through our bodies, which are are our hardware.

God is a Triune Being. In Genesis 1 we read how God created the universe by speaking it into existence. In Isaiah 55:10 & 11 we read, "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it." In John 1 we read how Jesus IS the Word of God made flesh. This concept is difficult for human minds to grasp because our words are not a separate being--though the kind of language humans possess has been denied to animals and is evidence of the fact that we are created in God's Image. Our words do have power--especially when spoken in faith, either for good or for ill. How many children have been destroyed by a father's declaration, "You are good for nothing?" And how strong and able do we become when someone we respect says, "That's a great idea, well done!" But God's Word is more, He is a Person! Jesus is the Person of God who is sent to accomplish God's goals, making light and transforming matter which came from light into all the various wonderful creatures and things we find in the universe. Further, it is by the power of His Word, by Jesus, that the universe is held in good working order, Hebrews 1. Jesus, the Word, was the Person of God sent to us to take on Human Form, He is the Person of God who is the "hardware" part of God, He's the part of God who gets things done--He goes out and does what the Father has spoken.

So, plugging the computer analogy in once again, the Father is the Operating System, the Holy Spirit is the Programming and the Lord Jesus is the Hardware. Yes, I know, it is simplistic and absurd to compare God to a computer, but perhaps, for the purposes of giving a person a place to begin understanding the Trinity, the analogy may serve.

Here is another analogy from Scripture and science.

"God is Light," I John 1:5. When it was discovered that light is both particle and wave the scientific community struggled. Everyone's mind burned with the question: How can this be? And I am not certain that anyone has ever explained how this can be, but everyone has come to accept it. Jesus became both God and Man in One Being. God, the Perfection, the Infinite, took on the finite form of a being made of dirt. Light is both Particle and Wave the two natures of God.

Light is one substance, particle and wave, but it has three properties: actinic, light that is neither seen nor felt; luminiferous, light that is seen and felt; calorific, light that is felt, but not seen. These three properties correspond to the three Persons of God: Actinic, the Father; Luminiferous, the Son and Calorific, the Holy Spirit. We do not see or feel the Father; we can see and feel the Son and we do not see, but feel the Holy Spirit.

Using red, blue and green spotlights and overlapping them in the Trinity Symbol we see yellow, cyan and magenta in the places where two colors overlap and white in the spot where the three overlap one another. When the three primary hues of light are combined, light appears as one color: white. And so it is with light. (Incidentally, yellow, cyan and magenta are the pigment colors needed to make any color document or art work.)

When we see sunlight shining through the window, we see its whiteness, but use a prism and divide the light and we will see red, orange, yellow, blue, indigo and violet. Seven visible colors, add the two invisible colors of ultra violet and infra red and we have 9. Galatians 5:22 & 23 describes the nine "fruit of the Spirit," qualities of character which are manifest when the Holy Spirit is allowed to do His work in the human heart--the very character of God Himself shining through us. When we allow ourselves to become the medium through which God shines, as moisture in the air is the medium through which light shines when forming a rainbow, we reveal His nature to the universe, just as a prism or rain water reveals the true colors of light to our eyes. (As mentioned before, infra-red and ultra-violet are invisible to our eyes.)

Sightings of Jesus appear throughout the Old Testament. He is the Angel who stayed behind to negotiate with Abraham and He is the Angel who grappled with Jacob.

God is One, Deuteronomy 6:4. But, in order to redeem His beloved humans from sin and death, Jesus took on the form of a Man, Philippians 2:6-8, separating Himself from His lofty position of equality with God to become a Servant, even to the death and gave Himself up to pay for our sin and reconcile us to God. From Adam, Eve was taken, in marriage a man and a woman become one flesh again, Mark 10:7 & 8. And so the church is to become the bride of Christ and thus we will be unified with Him, II Corinthians 11; Ephesians 5:23; Revelation 19:7.

Romans 1:20 says, "For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made..." We live in a trinity of trinities: There are three qualities of the universe: Time, Space, and Matter. And of these three, each is also a trinity: time is past, present and the future; space is height, width and depth; matter is solid, liquid or gas.

In the end, after all this discussion, I think perhaps the best Scripture to describe how Jesus separated Himself and yet remained a Person of God is the passage from Philippians 2. Jesus was God and remained linked to the Father by the Holy Spirit who stayed with Him throughout His time here on earth. He is our example. We Christians are to live tethered to the Father, but so often fail to do. Jesus did not fail and will never fail, He is God and yet He is Man.

Bible Studies

I can answer questions on issues about evolution and creationism. I can answer questions on how the Bible applies to every day life and the future of mankind. I have some understanding of spiritual warfare. I have a broad, basic knowledge of many topics and can answer general questions. If I don`t know the answer to your question, I`m not going to try and pretend that I do. But every answer a questioner receives from any person, expert here or anywhere else, must be weighed against what the Bible says and laid before God in prayer. Spiritual issues are too important to just accept what a person tells you without confirmation from the Bible and the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit who gives a person wisdom. He will give peace regarding how to handle any issue or teaching if it is correct.

I am a life long student of the Bible and have tested its teachings under fire and found them solid.

I have a Bachelor's degree in English and Art Education. I am a mother, and I think that is an educational qualification of itself.