Bible Studies/marry

Question
I am trying to find a particular passage in  the old testament.  I tried using various online concordances, but I am not having much luck.  I do not have the verse memorized.  But it goes something like, "If after you have invaded a country, and obtained victory in war against an enemy, and you find a beautiful woman there, and you wish to marry the woman . . ."  Or something like that.  I am probably omitting as many phrases  as I am inserting phrases, but I know I have seen a paragraph to that effect somewhere in the Bible.  Can you assist me in finding it?  Thank you.

Answer
Hello there,
Thank you for your question. I believe you are looking for the below passage from Deuteronomy 21:

"When you go forth to battle against your enemies, and Yahweh your God delivers them into your hands, and you carry them away captive, and see among the captives a beautiful woman, and you have a desire to her, and would take her to you as wife; then you shall bring her home to your house; and she shall shave her head, and pare her nails; and she shall put the clothing of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in your house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that you shall go in to her, and be her husband, and she shall be your wife. It shall be, if you have no delight in her, then you shall let her go where she will; but you shall not sell her at all for money, you shall not deal with her as a slave, because you have humbled her." (Deuteronomy 21:10-14, World English Bible)

If this is not what you're looking for, let me know. If you have any question regarding this passage or any other passage, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thank you again for submitting your question, and have a great day.

Shirley
www.Ultra-Ability.com Ministry

Bible Studies

Dr. Shirley Cheng