Bible Studies/monks writing the bible

I was told that the monks who made copies of the bible in ancient times would write notes or explanations in the margins of thier work and that these eventually became part of the scripture itself. Can you please elaborate on this for me. Thankyou

It is true that monks, as well as scribes, wrote their comments as they copied biblical texts.  These are called "interpolations."  The goal of Biblical critism, or textual analysis, is to determine what is original in the texts.  A good book to look at would be MISQUOTING JESUS by Bart Ehrman.  Joel

Bible Studies

Joel Bjorling

I can answer general questions about the Bible and offer guidance in Bible study resources.

I have education in Bible from Oral Roberts University, as well as an MA from McCormick Theological Seminary. I have written several articles on Bible study topics. I am an ordained, nondenominational minister.

Articles in journals of the Foundation for Biblical Research, Personal Freedom Outreach, and Restoration Research

BA, Oral Roberts University, Behavioral Science (included courses in the Bible and theology) MA, McCormick Theological Seminary Further study, Garrett-Evangelical Theological School Further study, Moody Bible Institute, Christian education