Bible Studies/please read and answer the verse in the bible.

QUESTION: exodus 23;20-21,john 5;43,proverbs 30;4 and micah 6;9,isaiah 24;15,malachi 1;11,king james version, in the Dead Sea Scroll the name of God is YHWH,they call in latin word tetragrammaton,the prophets prophecy the name of God will reveal. what is the name of God in tetragrammaton?

ANSWER: Hello Joshua (Yeshua. Thank you for writing. I read over your question and passages of scripture an am not sure what is that you are asking. It seems that you have answered the question in your question:

"in the Dead Sea Scroll the name of God is YHWH,they call in latin word tetragrammaton" "what is the name of God in tetragrammaton?"

The Tetragrammaton is actually: "YHVH" = Yod-He-Vav-He

It is said that in ancient Hebrew, "Vav" may have been pronounced as a W. We see 'Vav" in the Tetragrammoton also written out as "Yod-He-Vau-He; Vav having a W sound. Because of the "W" sound of Vav we then see: "YHWH" Yod He Wav or Waw He.

Modern Hebrew pronounces the "Vav" with a "V" sound.

It is said that the original pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton is lost and is now pronounced: Yahweh.

The name of God in the Tetragrammoton is "YHVH" pronounced Yahweh.

In some of the passages you list, we find the translators using "Yehovah" later pronounced in English "Jehovah", however, these are transliterations, and have different meanings than that of "Yahweh".

I hope this answers your question. If something needs clarification, or if I did not properly address your question, please do not hesitate to follow up.

God Bless and Keep You

Rev. Darryl Murphy

QUESTION: if the name of God in the pronounced YAHWEH it means the son of God is YAHWEH  to in verse John 5;43, he said he came in his Father name.

Hello Joshua. Thank you for following up. Let us look at John 5:43:

43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

When reading this passage of scripture it is not being conveyed that Yeshua/Jesus name is Yahweh. What is being said is:

I come on behalf of, under the authority of, according to the will of my Father.

It is like when you watch Old movies about the kingdoms. The King usually had a spokesman who ranked far above all others. He was called the "Hand of the King". When this person would approach others he would say " I come in the name of the king". So we see that he is not claiming to be king, but, he is stating that he comes under the authority of the king, that he speaks for the king in accordance to all power and authority given to him by the king.

Also, when the King would send messengers, they too would state " I come in the name of the king" and then proceed with giving forth the message. It is in theses fashions that Jesus is saying, " I come in my Fathers name".

Reading further in that verse, Jesus says:

If another comes on his own behalf, by his own authority, according to his own will, you would receive him.

So the context of the passage and the surrounding passages, reveal what is actually being stated.

In your previous question to me on this topic, you listed a passage of scripture that is so so relevant:

Proverbs 30:4

4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?

His name is:  "YHVH" Yawhew Yehovah Jehovah

His sons name is: Yeshua Jesus

I hope this addresses your statement. If there is any thing that needs clarification or I can be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to follow up.

God Bless and Keep You

Rev. Darryl Murphy

Bible Studies

Rev. Darryl Murphy

I am willing to to answer any questions regarding Biblical Doctrine and application. Can a man lose his salvation? Is the Trinitarian Doctrine really Biblical? Was there really Pre-Adamic life? What of the end times,IS there really a raputure? Who will be raptured? Where are we in the end time scenario? Are we predestined ? All these are doctrinal questions.Most would answer based on traditional teachings(not biblical).Find out the TRUTH according to the Bible.

23 years of study in ancient cultures, religion and doctrinal history.

I have studied the doctrines of various religions for over 23 years.

Currently teaching Biblical doctrinal studies privately