Bible Studies/WT 2013 (July)

Hi Rev. Murphy,
It's me Dee.  Thanks for supporting me. I still am studying, & hopefully soon to be baptized...I will serve God without dates. As Jesus says, just be ready. Don't know if your family has rec'd the WT (study edition) as of yet, July 2013...All I will say is go to, magazines...July 2013...Study edition...I will say no more...will wait for your reply.  I was going to send a comment to one of the witnesses but, thought better of it. Wonder what this news will bring....will many leave as they did in 1975. The only 2 witnesses I would talk about this news with is Mr. Jones & Brenton. This could have been the reason that Graubaum (spelling) may have left the site...again, I'll wait until you get back to me...

Be Well,

Hello Dee, it is good to hear from you. You are or should I say were quite the topic on the JW side. As Far as Grunbaum leaving, it appears that it was more due to his belief that Oct. 2014 would be the start of the Great Tribulation and he was going to devote his time in direct ministry rather than on this site. If my memory serves me correct, I think the start date of the Great Tribulation has been changed to 2015.

I have read the July 2013 WT and was aware of these doctrinal changes. Now I say changes but the JWS would claim "clarifications". Will it cause another 1975? No. Semantics is a tactic that the JWS or should I say #FDS-WTBS# are masters of. Throughout the entire article, they state what was thought in the "past", which was taught as complete Biblical understanding. Then instead of stating what they were teaching was incorrect, they claim "clarification":

"Upon further examination of Jesus’ prophecy, however, we perceived that a part of Jesus’ prophecy about the last days has two fulfillments. #Matt. 24:4-22# There was an initial fulfillment in Judea in the first century C.E., and there would be a worldwide fulfillment in our day. That insight led to several clarifications. "

So lets look at the word "clarification":

1. To make clear or easier to understand;
2. To clear of confusion or uncertainty: clarify the mind.
3. To make clear by removing impurities or solid matter,

Now the article states: "We also discerned that the first part of the great tribulation did not begin in 1914. Why not? Because Bible prophecy reveals that the great tribulation will start, not with a war among nations, but with an attack on false religion. Thus, the events that began in 1914 were, not the beginning of the great tribulation, but the beginning of pangs of distress.” #Matt. 24:8# These “pangs of distress” correspond to what took place in Jerusalem and Judea from 33 C.E. to 66 C.E."

There was no clarification by any stretch of the meaning of the word. Nothing was made more clear, it was "changed". In "examination" they found themselves "wrong". This means all that they taught, although still holding certain parts or basis of the past teaching, was incorrect and was changed. This is the semantics played in things.

This also shows that things were not "spiritually revealed":

1 Corinthians 2:14 KJV
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

1 Cor. 2:14 NWT

But a physical man does not receive the things of the spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; and he cannot get to know [them], because they are examined spiritually.

So all in all, there is no "spiritual" understanding of the doctrine, it is just a speculation and theology created by men.

Also it should be noted that the "examination" began in 1990's, it is now 23 years later. For 23 years, and before, people were instructed incorrectly regarding these things, it was proclaimed door to door, in bible studies, at meetings etc..

Unsurprising to me, the date of 1914 was protected. This is crucial because if 1914 is incorrect, the entire religious and theologic foundation of the JWS fail and they are proven to be just like everyone else. This is something they fight against continually.

Imagine if a brother or sister would have told them that the teaching was incorrect and started questioning things. Surely they would be branded an Apostate and opposer and would be shunned by the entire JW community.

Now I will say that I do not believe the JWS or the FDS#WTBS# are purposely deceiving people. Just as other religious organizations, they believe they have the truth. However, unlike others, they will not and have not simply stated..."We are wrong".

As always, it is a pleasure corresponding with you Dee....remain prayerful and continue studying.   If there is something that needs clarification#make more clear#, or I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to follow up.

Rev. Darryl Murphy

Bible Studies

Rev. Darryl Murphy

I am willing to to answer any questions regarding Biblical Doctrine and application. Can a man lose his salvation? Is the Trinitarian Doctrine really Biblical? Was there really Pre-Adamic life? What of the end times,IS there really a raputure? Who will be raptured? Where are we in the end time scenario? Are we predestined ? All these are doctrinal questions.Most would answer based on traditional teachings(not biblical).Find out the TRUTH according to the Bible.

23 years of study in ancient cultures, religion and doctrinal history.

I have studied the doctrines of various religions for over 23 years.

Currently teaching Biblical doctrinal studies privately