Bible Studies/John 14:27

I would like to know how Jesus' words to His disciples relate to me as a believer.  Especially, I am interested in knowing how I can know if the peace He offers to His disciples in John 14:27 is also an offer to every believer in Him.

Thank you for your attention.

Hello Lenin, it is a pleasure hearing from you again. I apologize that it took so long to respond, duties have kept me busy.

How do Jesus's words relate to you as a believer? Well, we must first ask ourselves a key and vital question: Are we believers? It is with certainty that all those calling themselves Christians will answer that question immediately with a firm YES..however, do we really, truly believe? It is in the answer to this question that we can find comfort and understand how promises such as that in John 14:27 apply to us in our walk.

So lets look at what the Bible says and see if we are believers. Now we know that believers are those who have faith and without faith we cannot claim to be of God nor please him in any fashion:

Hebrews 11:6
But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

We also must realize that faith requires action. Belief is not enough:

James 2

17 Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.

19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.

24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.

So we see by scripture, that if we say we are believers, we are not just hearers of the word:

James 1

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:

24 For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.

We have to be honest about where we are in our walk. Don't get me wrong..we will make mistakes, fall short etc etc...but, the key is that we are continually pressing forward, doing Gods will, keeping the commandments given us.

So when we look at John 14, we see some key components of the text that will let us know how these things apply to us:

John 14
21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

So Lenin, if you are keeping Gods commandments as best you can and doing his will, it shows forth that you love him. It is by this that you will know, that although the conversation was between Jesus and his disciples, that the conversation applies to you also. For it is said that "HE" that keeps the commandments. Then we find as promised that :

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Those who are truly believers are promised that they will receive the gift of comfort by the Holy Spirit, to guide them, teach them, comfort them in all things and the peace of Jesus Christ will will be upon them.

Bible Studies

Rev. Darryl Murphy

I am willing to to answer any questions regarding Biblical Doctrine and application. Can a man lose his salvation? Is the Trinitarian Doctrine really Biblical? Was there really Pre-Adamic life? What of the end times,IS there really a raputure? Who will be raptured? Where are we in the end time scenario? Are we predestined ? All these are doctrinal questions.Most would answer based on traditional teachings(not biblical).Find out the TRUTH according to the Bible.

23 years of study in ancient cultures, religion and doctrinal history.

I have studied the doctrines of various religions for over 23 years.

Currently teaching Biblical doctrinal studies privately