Bible Studies/In What Verse In Luke 16 Does It Say . . .

QUESTION: Hi Pastor Carpentor

Can you tell me if there's any indication in the Bible that we
Christians will meet & be with our families ?

Thank You
GOD bless you
Mr.Ray M.

We do know based on Luke 16 that we will recognize each other in Heaven.  We know according to Hebrews 12:1 that there are folks in Heaven cheering us on to run the race... they are watching... so it stands to reason that we will be reunited with saved family members in Heaven.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

QUESTION: Hi Pastor Don

I've looked and looked in both chapter you said that we will recognize
each others in Heaven.

Pastor Don can you give me the verse in Chapter 16 that says that ?

Thank You

Ray M.

Hi Ray,

Thanks for this follow up... when studying the Bible it is important not only to get obvious statements, but inferences.  The rich man looked up and saw Lazarus in Paradise... he recognized him and asked for him by name... that tells us that we will recognize each other in the after life.

Luke 16:2324 (AV)
23 And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. 24 And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.

I hope that this helps you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Bible Studies

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a litteral, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry for almosat 20 years. During this time I served as youth pastor, assistant pastor, counselor, and Senior Pastor. Currently I serve as a Senior Pastor for an independent fundamental Baptist Church in New England.

Revival Chronicles

BS in Bible from Baptist Bible College, Clarks Summit, PA