Bible Studies/Family Meeting In Heaven ?

Question
Hi Mr. Wallen

I'm a born again Christian and would like to know if there's any indication in the Bible; if we will see and be with our family ?

Thank You
GOD bless you
Ray M. :-)

Answer
There are no strong indications of family ties in heaven.  In Mark 12 and Luke 20, Jesus rebuked the Sadducees when they tried to trick him and said that men and women are not given to each other in marriage; they are like angels who do not marry.  We also know that our feelings for family members will remain with us after we die, as seen in the example of Lazarus and the rich man (Luke 16).

We know that those who believe in Jesus as Lord and Savior will be in heaven together.  Therefore, if family members are saved, they will be there with us.  However, I think our approach to others will be take a far distant place to the adoration we will give to God and the honor we seek to show to Christ.  Earthly relationships will, therefore, be very minor in comparison.

Hope this helps.

- Roy

Bible Studies

Roy Wallen