Bible Studies/Legalism

Thank you so much as always for all your help! At what point does obeying the commandments of God out of a loving heart become legalistic? In other words when one reads the New Testament, finds commandments and keeps them out of a loving heart, when would this become legalistic?

HI Josh,
If you have received more than one reply from me please excuse - my answer just flew off the page. I'll try again.

At NO point, my friend, does obeying the commandments of God become legalistic.  The key is to 'rightly divide the word of God'. We do not rely on church doctrine, man-made laws or our opinions when it come to figuring out His Commandments. And we know we are able to 'rightly divide the word of God' because He tells us to do it.  In fact, my friend, He gave the tool to make sure it could be done - the Holy Spirt of Truth (our teacher and guide).  So while some may accuse you of being legalistic because you are sound in your teachings, do not waver. Jesus has His eye on His faithful followers.  Lean on the Holy and you shall find.

God speed.

Rev. Ramona Stonecipher

Bible Studies

Reverend Ramona C. Stonecipher

As a Pastor,and Bible scholar, I can help you find answers to questions of faith. We can explore the power of prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit in your life. I can help you cultivate a personal relationship with Jesus, the Christ of God. While I alone, can't solve your problems, I can lead you to the One who can. I can't make you believe, or have faith, but I can plant the seeds of faith and introduce you to the One who is the Gardener. I can also tell you, and show you, that God loves you, and our God is a God of second chances. I hope you'll accept my invitation to walk the Damascus Road together__. Welcome.

35 35+ years teaching Biblical Studies 30 years preaching the Word of God 30+ years Public Speaking (Spiritual Retreats & Worship Experiences) Counselor, Suicide Prevention, Kansas City, Missouri

Concerned Women of America

Ordained Minister: United Methodist Graduate: Saint Paul School of Theology, Kansas City, Missouri *Masters Degree in Theology *Bible Scholar/Teacher/Speaker CPA Degree, Baptist Medical Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri Graduate: University of Nebraska Graduate Studies: Fairleigh Dickenson University, New Jersey (Psychology)

Harry Denman Evangelical Award Who's Who American Colleges and Universities 1982