Bible Studies/Romans 8:28

so is it ok/appropriate to use this as a witnessing tool? For example to tell someone "well, if you loved God, you could be assured that some good will come of all this"

Absolutely. In John 10:10, Jesus says, "The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." Jesus is the only way to a truly joy-filled, abundant life.

If someone is experiencing trials, God may very well be using that to draw the person's attention to Him, the ultimate answer to all of life's questions, needs, and desires. If that trial leads one to turn to Jesus Christ and receive His free gift of forgiveness and salvation, then that would be a perfect example of "all things work[ing] together for good."

Once an individual is adopted into God's family (born again), he is not guaranteed that there will never be any more trials. (See James chapter 1.) What he is guaranteed is that God has a purpose and plan for that person's life, and that all trials and seemingly bad things will be used for good. And even in those trials, he can be reassured that He is held in the loving, gracious, and merciful hands of the Almighty God of the Universe.

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot

I have studied the Bible and Bible-related topics since the time I was very young. My education includes a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Bible, and a Master of Divinity degree. I enjoy delving into deep theological issues and always enjoy a healthy debate. But more importantly, I like working with people and helping them to find the answers that they are looking for. And I am convinced that these answers are available in the Bible.

By the grace and mercy of God, I have been saved, born again, adopted into the family of God. God has given me a love for the Bible, and for Bible-related subjects. In addition, He has blessed me with ongoing training in the Scriptures, from my youth on up. The more I learn about God through His Word, the more I want to share!

Campus Crusade for Christ, Grace Church at Willow Valley

Pillsbury Baptist Bible College - B.S. Bible & Pastorology; Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary - M.Div.