Bible Studies/Biblical Afterlife

I recently read that that in the Bible that demons dwell in a place called Abaddon (Apollyon in Greek). Are there also names for heaven? Are these places identified by any other names?

There is an angel of he abyss named "abaddon" in Hebrew, and Apolyon in Greek, mentioned in Revelation 9:11. and it doesn't seem to talking about a "place".

This name/word is mentioned only in this one place and the context around it is a vision. Because it is mentioned only one time in the Bible without any explanation and then only in a vision, which usually means it's symbolical, any explanation by me or any commentator would be a guess.

Sorry I can't be of any help to you in this matter.

Bible Studies

Dean Gade

I can answer questions concerning the translating of specific words and translations of the New Testament. I can give the etemology of Greek words, primarily in the Koine Greek, but also in Classical Greek. I can also give explanations of much of the Bible having read it many times and written many Bible studies.

I studied Greek in earning my BA at a university and my DTh. and MDiv. at an accredited seminary. I was a diviity student at both the university and seminary, spending most of those eight years studying the Bible.