Bible Studies/The day we stand before God.

Question
Hello and thank you as always!   Do you believe on Judgment day Jesus will have mercy and compassion on Christians or do you think he will be very stern and strict?  Do you believe that even for Christians Jesus will be very hard and stern when he judges us or more merciful and gentle? In other words do you think on Judgment day Jesus will look at a lot of Christians and say I never knew you, you did not live for me but for yourselves. You did not give for righteousness but practiced sin and worldly pleasure. Your whole life was not spent for me but you were lazy and worldly.     Or do you think Jesus will say, you believed in me and were baptized so welcome to heaven?   Thanks

Answer
Josh, I appreciate your thankfulness.
The final judgement of individuals rests with the all-knowing, all-loving, all-merciful,and all-just God.  I am not competent with a limited mind to express my opinion about individuals.
However, the bible does provide guidelines:
one - 1 Tim 1:3-4 nicely summarizes what God expects: God, our Savior, desires that all be saved and come to a knowledge of the truth.
two - God's divine Son has taught us what we need to know AND to do in order to attain the perfect and eternal happiness of the heavenly divine presence.
three - We need to know and will and do what is good and not knowingly choose to do bad/evil/wrong.
four - We need to obtain God's forgiveness for what we have done morally wrong.

In summary, one act [no matter how important]automatically suffices -- read Mt. 7:21, 1 John 2:3.
God wills that all we do conforms to His will.  If we knowingly and willingly violate God's will, we need to obtain forgiveness from Him.

I hope these brief thoughts are of help.  As you know, please write again if you wish any questions or clarifications.  

Bible Studies

Edward Bode