Bible Studies/The day we stand before God.

Hello again and thanks as always for your time.   Do you believe on Judgment day Jesus will have mercy and compassion on Christians or do you think he will be very stern and strict?  Do you believe that even for Christians Jesus will be very hard and stern when he judges us or more merciful and gentle? In other words do you think on Judgment day Jesus will look at a lot of Christians and say I never knew you, you did not live for me but for yourselves. You did not give for righteousness but practiced sin and worldly pleasure. Your whole life was not spent for me but you were lazy and worldly.     Or do you think Jesus will say, you believed in me and were baptized so welcome to heaven?   Thanks

Hi Josh,
Good to hear from you again. What a beautiful and important question.  First let us look at Romans 14: 10-12. Paul has something to say about this subject indeed!  "But why do you judge your brother/sister? Or why do you show contempt for your brother/sister? For we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.  For it is written: As I live, says The Lord , every knee shall bow to Me, and every tongue shall confess to God." So then each of us shall give account of himself/herself to God."  In this text Paul is saying every Christian is ultimately responsible to The Lord for what we do and say. We don't have the freedom to take over the work of 'evaluation'. Only God is qualified to do that.  Therefore, judgmental attitudes in matters of scriptural silence and freedom are totally 'out of order', and those of us who are guilty of them will answer for them at the Judgment Seat as surely as those with whom we disagree will be evaluated by their Lord. To answer your first question Josh, our Lord will be just. He can be nothing but just.  

Jesus is love. Never forget that Josh. Also, as a believer, you are covered by  the blood of Jesus.  " There is therefore now no condemnation (judgment) to those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1.   While we are still sinners - 'sinners saved by grace', by the cross Jesus prepared a way for us to be continually cleansed. We are cleansed through confession of our sins and like I said, by the blood of Jesus Christ.  So as you can see Josh, it's very important to continually cultivate a personal relationship with your Savior and Lord. Scripture says, "if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (I John 1:9).

Jesus will only say "I never knew you" if an individual never believed in Him and picked up his cross and followed Him.    Jes knows who belongs to Him. Their name is written in the Book of Life. If it's not there...... They have chosen NOT to believe in Him and follow His commandments.  No one fools God!  Many use 'God talk', but God knows the heart.  Only those whose names are written in the Book of Life will live eternally with Jesus, the Christ of God.

I hope this brings you understanding Josh.  

Blessings always,

Re. Ramona Stonecipher

Bible Studies

Reverend Ramona C. Stonecipher

As a Pastor,and Bible scholar, I can help you find answers to questions of faith. We can explore the power of prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit in your life. I can help you cultivate a personal relationship with Jesus, the Christ of God. While I alone, can't solve your problems, I can lead you to the One who can. I can't make you believe, or have faith, but I can plant the seeds of faith and introduce you to the One who is the Gardener. I can also tell you, and show you, that God loves you, and our God is a God of second chances. I hope you'll accept my invitation to walk the Damascus Road together__. Welcome.

35 35+ years teaching Biblical Studies 30 years preaching the Word of God 30+ years Public Speaking (Spiritual Retreats & Worship Experiences) Counselor, Suicide Prevention, Kansas City, Missouri

Concerned Women of America

Ordained Minister: United Methodist Graduate: Saint Paul School of Theology, Kansas City, Missouri *Masters Degree in Theology *Bible Scholar/Teacher/Speaker CPA Degree, Baptist Medical Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri Graduate: University of Nebraska Graduate Studies: Fairleigh Dickenson University, New Jersey (Psychology)

Harry Denman Evangelical Award Who's Who American Colleges and Universities 1982