Bible Studies/judgement

Hello and thank you for taking my question: I know we have to accept Jesus in order to be saved. But I can find nothing in the bible that states that that opportunity cant take place AFTER death. Could you please help me find such a verse? Thank you. Pete

Hello Pete and thank you for writing. You wont find a verse in the Bible that will specifically state that you cant accept Jesus after death. Depending on your religions, or should I say denominations doctrine, it may be taught that there will be a chance for those who have died to accept Christ.

Example. Jehovahs Witnesses believe that there will be a resurrection of the "unrighteous" and that those who are resurrected will live during Christs 1000 year reign and will have a chance to accept Christ during that time. However, notice that in order to accept Christ, regardless of how one believes, you must accept him while "alive".

The Bible states: Ecc 9:5 For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.

6 Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun.

Romans 10:9-11

King James Version (KJV)

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

So we see in the two passages above, that the dead are conscious of nothing, they are sleep in death and are not able to confess, deny, remember or anything that is of the ability of the living. They have ceased all living functions and await the resurrection.

We also see in Romans 10 that a "conscious decision" is required and a confession by mouth...this is beyond the ability of the dead, for the dead are able to do nothing.

I pray that I have answered your question clearly. If there is something that needs clarification, or if I can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to follow up.

God Bless and Keep You

Rev. Darryl Murphy

Bible Studies

Rev. Darryl Murphy

I am willing to to answer any questions regarding Biblical Doctrine and application. Can a man lose his salvation? Is the Trinitarian Doctrine really Biblical? Was there really Pre-Adamic life? What of the end times,IS there really a raputure? Who will be raptured? Where are we in the end time scenario? Are we predestined ? All these are doctrinal questions.Most would answer based on traditional teachings(not biblical).Find out the TRUTH according to the Bible.

23 years of study in ancient cultures, religion and doctrinal history.

I have studied the doctrines of various religions for over 23 years.

Currently teaching Biblical doctrinal studies privately