Bible Studies/Unforgiven sin

Question
Dear One,

I was raised Lutheran.  

I love Jesus and God.

I have open spiritual channels.  I received a message I was going to Hell.  I also said "I hate God" when no one heard.  

I was angry and went and told my mom I was a dirty sinner.  I tried to act crazy so she would think i was hurt by Christianity.  I wanted to bring her down and have her not like Christianity either.  I told her I love God though.  I have also told her since then I love Jesus.

I am so sorry.  Now I realize this may be blasphemy.

Please tell me if I can be saved and by what scripture says I can.

Thank you,

Molly

Answer
Hi Molly,

Thank you for this great question.  I am so sorry for my very late response.  The Bible tells us that if you seek forgiveness through Jesus Christ, you receive it... period.  Jesus died for our sins and if you have trusted in Him, His righteousness is applied to your account... He took the blame for your sin... even the sin of blasphemy.

2 Corinthians 5:21 (AV)
21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

1 John 1:9 (AV)
9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

These verses are proof enough that if you seek forgiveness through Jesus, you receive it...Don't forget that there is also a personal testimony from Paul... He was a blasphemer, but God saved him.

1 Timothy 1:1213 (AV)
12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry; 13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

I hope that this gives you the help you need.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Bible Studies

Pastor Don Carpenter