Bible Studies/need scriptures

Question
Edward,

You have a quite a background, I need some help with some scriptures you may know.
I recently ran into a bad situation with a girl who was into some dark witchcraft practises that I wasn't aware of.
I need some scriptures to refute the ideas of these three occult believes:

1.  reincarnation
2.  past lives
3.  soul mates

Any scriptures that you know of to come against these ideas, would be so helpful

Thank you so very much.

Leah

Answer
Thinking of your concern, I am not sure how to respond.
First, the bible does not speak specifically about the occult beliefs that you mention.  Most likely because these issues were not a great concern when the bible was written.
Second, I wonder whether an approach with scripture would affect or influence the girl involved in witchcraft. However, prayer for her is certainly in order.  You might address you prayer to the guardian angel of the girl -- check Mt 18:10, Lk 16:22, Psalm 91-10-13. Does she realize that she has a good angel to combat evil spirits?
Third, some bible passages mention the evil world of witchcraft.  For example:
a - The Old Testament recognized that many thought that evil spirits caused sickness.  Check Leviticus 16:10.
b - The Mosaic Law prohibited witchcraft - Deut 18:10-12; also in the New Testament -- Gal 5:20.
c - Jesus reacted against devilish magic -- Mt 4:1-11.

Hopefully, Leah, these condensed thought might be of some help.  If you would wish for more or a further explanation of what I have written, please feel free to write again.  

Bible Studies

Edward Bode