Bible Studies/music & satan

I was told that when first created, Satan "Was" music itself. Could you tell me what passage of the bible this appears in.........thanks Pete.

Hi, Pete,
Thank you for submitting your Bible question. I'll be glad to answer it below.

You asked: I was told that when first created, Satan "Was" music itself. Could you tell me what passage of the bible this appears in.........

My response: I've read the Bible over a dozen of times (most portions dozens of times). I do not remember reading any verse of any translation version that says that Satan was music itself at the time he was created. Do you remember the context of the conversation or material in which you were told of this? Perhaps, if you give me more information, I can have an idea of what this may refer to.

What I can tell you now is that the Bible does not teach us that Satan was anything else but a spiritual creature created by God who decided to rebel against his Creator. "Satan" is Hebrew that means "adversary." Hence, it's not the creature's actual name. It's the same case with "Adam." "Adam" is Hebrew that means "human." When the first two people were created, God called them both "adam." (Genesis 5:2) But through time, "Adam" became the proper name of the first man, just as "Satan" became the devil's name through time.

Please let me know if you have any other question, and I'd be more than glad to answer it.

Thank you again for your question.

Shirley Ministry - Study the Entire Bible in Depth for Free via E-mail

Bible Studies

Dr. Shirley Cheng

I will be more than glad to answer questions in regards to a) passages in the Torah, also known as the Pentateuch, which is comprised of the first five "books" of the Bible: Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy; b) passages in the historical books of Joshua, Judges, Ruth, 1 Samuel, and 2 Samuel; and c) basic Biblical doctrines, precepts, and principles. When you ask about a specific passage, please indicate the chapter and verse(s) wherever possible. Before you ask a question about a Biblical doctrine, principle, or precept, please first check to see if your question is already answered. If you're interested in an in-depth Bible study of the entire Bible from Genesis to Revelation, you are more than welcome to sign up for my e-mail virtual class at

I am the founder of Ministry and a Bible teacher who is teaching the Bible in depth from Genesis to Revelation. I have read fourteen different versions of the Bible, written a book on Christianity titled "Do You Love Jehovah? God Almighty's Infinite Love & Wisdom to Propel You to Greatness," and have personally experienced the power, love, and protection of my Heavenly Father throughout my life. Being a blind and physically disabled individual who is passionately in love with life, I am a living example of what faith in Yahweh God Almighty can do for you.

I am the author of nine books, contributor to over twenty-five, and some of my articles are posted on my website My books include "Do You Love Jehovah?" "Embrace Ultra-Ability!" and "Dance with Your Heart."

Bachelor of Biblical Studies, Master of Divinity, and Doctor of Divinity

I have received twenty-seven book awards, seven of which are for "Do You Love Jehovah?" The Awards include: Gold – Mom’s Choice Awards – Spirituality/Religion; Finalist – 2010 International Book Awards – Christianity; Finalist – 2010 International Book Awards – Christian Inspirational; Finalist – National Best Books 2009 Awards – Christianity; Finalist – National Indie Excellence 2010 Awards – Religion; Second Place – 2010 Written Art Awards – Religion/Spirituality; Honorable Mention – Reader Views 2009 Literary Awards – Religion (Eastern/Western)