Bible Studies/God realize he hadn't made a husband man

Question
on the sixth day mankind (called Adam)was made in the image & likeness of God.
on the eighth day God realized or remembered
the need for a husband man.

the hunter man had been made but not the husband man, so God formed Adam (not mankind)

so how do you explain the hunter man was made but God had not realized until day eight the need for a husband man

Answer
Dear Jolie,

You ask about why God didn’t create “husband man” on the 6th day, but waited until the 8th day.

Actually, there were only 7 days of creation, and Adam and Eve were created on the 6th day (Genesis 1:26-28). On the 7th day, God indicated that creation was complete (“the heavens and the earth were finished” Genesis 2:1), and He rested from His work—perhaps to enjoy the beauty of what He’d just made. And there was nothing more to create after the 7th day.

Perhaps you’re thinking that Genesis 2:4-25 is describing another creation. But, no, Genesis 2:4-25 is merely going over some of the creation story of chapter 1, and giving us additional details.

Let’s look a little closer at Genesis 2:

Vs. 4—puts a cap on the creation story of chapter 1: “generations” refers to the step by step method God used in making the earth and the heavens.

Vss. 5, 6—points out that when God created the plant-life on Day 3, there was no rain; the earth was watered by a mist from the earth. Since man was not created until the 6th day, there was no man, at this point, to till the ground.

Vs. 7—describes how God created man: while he spoke most everything else into existence, God “built” man from already existing materials that He’d spoken into existence on Day 3.

Pay close attention to the way the creation of man came about: God took dust of the ground (perhaps, mud), modeled it into an image of himself (see Genesis 1:26); then he breathed the breath of life into his nostrils, and man BECAME A LIVING SOUL.

I say, pay attention to this. The Bible teaches that God made man as a soul, He didn’t make a body into which He placed an immortal soul. No: in this verse, the soul IS the combination of both body and breath, etc. THE MAN IS THE SOUL.

So here is God’s formula for man:

dust of the ground + breath of life = living soul.

If the breath of life stops, as in death, there is no longer a living soul—only a dead body, which will disintegrate into dust again (Genesis 3:19). But what happened to the soul? It just ceased to exist—it died (Ezek. 18:4)

Vss. 8-15—describes the Garden of Eden which God planted to be a home for Adam and Eve.

Genesis 2:16, 17—God tells man that He has given him every tree in the garden from which he can eat food. But God withheld one tree—the tree known as the “tree of the knowledge of good and evil”. Adam was not to eat fruit from that tree: if he did, he would die. This was evidently a test of Adam’s loyalty to God.

Vs. 18—God reveals His plans to make a companion for Adam.

Vss. 19-20—God has Adam name all the animals. Evidently, he noticed that each male had his female mate, but notices that he has no mate of his own.

Vss. 21-23—God performs the first surgery: He removes one of Adam’s ribs and uses the material from which to make a woman. It’s interesting that the writer of Genesis spends three times as much space describing the building of the Woman than he used for making man.

It seems that Eve was the key to the human family. Through her, all the people of the earth would come.

Vs. 24—God performs the first marriage, making the couple husband and wife.

Vs. 25—in their innocent state, they needed no clothes.

So, we’ve seen that Genesis 2 is not a description of another creation, but a more detailed description of what took place during the 7-day creation week.

Reading the Bible is very important to the Christian. It would be difficult to maintain a saving relationship with God without it. And learning about God and His requirements for us would be nearly impossible without some connection with God’s Holy Word.

Actually, if we watch for Him, we’ll find Jesus Christ in almost every passage of the Old and New Testaments. Sometimes He’s known as the Creator (cf. John 1:1-4, 10, 14); sometimes He’s known as “the Angel of the LORD” (Ex. 3:1-14; cf. John 8:56-58); sometimes He’s known as the “servant” (Isa. 52:13-53:12); and sometimes as the Messiah. Often He’s behind the scenes, working through those who live according to His will.

If you have difficulty understanding the Bible, there are many aids available to help you do this, (see list below). But above all, read your Bible for yourself, and pray that God will help you understand it.

Check out Bibleinfo.com with other Bible questions you may have.

Stay close to Jesus.

Thurman C. Petty, Jr.
PettyPress@gmail.com
www.PettyPress.com (43 Bible lessons; 20 Books; more)

Sources of Bible study aids and answers for your questions.
Mail order Bible lessons: Amazing Facts Bible Lessons, PO Box 1058, Roseville, CA 95678
Telephone questions answered: 3ABN 1-800-752-3226 (pastoral dept., ext. 1)
On-line: Bibleinfo.com; Itiswritten.com (Bible studies/Discover Bible Guides)
Television networks: HOPE Channel (Direct TV #368); 3ABN (Dish Network #9393)  

Bible Studies

Thurman C. Petty, Jr.