Bible Studies/Old Bible

Can you tell me how to properly dispose of an unusable Bible? I was walking for exercise when I found a Bible (KJV) that had been thrown out by the roadside. After being exposed to the elements, it was unreadable. I could only tell it was a Bible from the book headings. Since I live in the U.S. I was thinking of having friend burn it when he (respectfully) burns flags. Would that be appropriate?

Dearest Jo,
Thank you for writing.  There is no proper way given to us on how to discard a ruined Bible. I was touched by your sweet spirit and respect for our Holy Book.
As an ordained pastor, I believe your choice is good. I would struggle with throwing it in to the trash also.  You have taught me something today - thank you.

If there are any scriptures that you can snip from the Bible, I would.  Put them in a little bag for future use. I think of my mentor, Corrie ten Boom, who while in prison hid pieces of Scripture in her clothing and had them for comfort. You never know......

Rev. Ramona Stonecipher

Bible Studies

Reverend Ramona C. Stonecipher

As a Pastor,and Bible scholar, I can help you find answers to questions of faith. We can explore the power of prayer and the power of the Holy Spirit in your life. I can help you cultivate a personal relationship with Jesus, the Christ of God. While I alone, can't solve your problems, I can lead you to the One who can. I can't make you believe, or have faith, but I can plant the seeds of faith and introduce you to the One who is the Gardener. I can also tell you, and show you, that God loves you, and our God is a God of second chances. I hope you'll accept my invitation to walk the Damascus Road together__. Welcome.

35 35+ years teaching Biblical Studies 30 years preaching the Word of God 30+ years Public Speaking (Spiritual Retreats & Worship Experiences) Counselor, Suicide Prevention, Kansas City, Missouri

Concerned Women of America

Ordained Minister: United Methodist Graduate: Saint Paul School of Theology, Kansas City, Missouri *Masters Degree in Theology *Bible Scholar/Teacher/Speaker CPA Degree, Baptist Medical Hospital, Kansas City, Missouri Graduate: University of Nebraska Graduate Studies: Fairleigh Dickenson University, New Jersey (Psychology)

Harry Denman Evangelical Award Who's Who American Colleges and Universities 1982