Bible Studies/Angels

What can you tell me about the Angels in the Bible? Who were they, where do they come from and what is their purpose? Why are they known by several names, such as Elohim and Seraphim? What other names are they known by?

Hi William

Thanks for this great question.  I am very sorry for my late response.  Angels are created beings made to serve and worship God.  There are I believe millions of them.  All of them have different jobs, ranks, abilities, and even jurisdiction.  Early on there was a rebellion and one third of these beings rebelled against God and followed their leader, Lucifer or Satan.  THese became known as fallen angels or demons.  These Demons also have different rank, power, assignments and jurisdiction.  There are many names because there are many different angels and different kinds of angels.  Elohim, however is a name of God not angels.

I hope that I have helped you.

In Christ
Pastor Don

Bible Studies

Pastor Don Carpenter

I believe that every word of the Bible is God-Breathed. This blessed book is the foundation of truth for faith and practice. If you ask this volunteer a question you will receive an answer from the Bible that is based upon a litteral, normal interpretation, taking into account the grammar and culture of the time.

I have been in the ministry for almosat 20 years. During this time I served as youth pastor, assistant pastor, counselor, and Senior Pastor. Currently I serve as a Senior Pastor for an independent fundamental Baptist Church in New England.

Revival Chronicles

BS in Bible from Baptist Bible College, Clarks Summit, PA