Bible Studies/Israel

Hi Teacher Scott, I have had so many computer problems but I finally have them fixed.
I have 2 questions.

1. In the Bible is Israel the country named after Israel the person? The former Jacob?

2. Is the Israel country that seems to be on the news almost every night, the same one spoken of in the Bible?

Hi Joyce,

I'm glad you were able to resolve your computer issues.

You are correct on both counts. The nation of Israel mentioned in the Bible is the same as the one we know today. These people are descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. God gave Jacob the name, Israel, and the nation came to be known by that name.

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot

I have studied the Bible and Bible-related topics since the time I was very young. My education includes a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Bible, and a Master of Divinity degree. I enjoy delving into deep theological issues and always enjoy a healthy debate. But more importantly, I like working with people and helping them to find the answers that they are looking for. And I am convinced that these answers are available in the Bible.

By the grace and mercy of God, I have been saved, born again, adopted into the family of God. God has given me a love for the Bible, and for Bible-related subjects. In addition, He has blessed me with ongoing training in the Scriptures, from my youth on up. The more I learn about God through His Word, the more I want to share!

Campus Crusade for Christ, Grace Church at Willow Valley

Pillsbury Baptist Bible College - B.S. Bible & Pastorology; Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary - M.Div.