Bible Studies/PSYCHIC BIBLE READING?...

Question
HELLO: i DON'T KNOW WHO TO ASK, PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT CATEGORY THIS FALLS UNDER: I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THIS IS SACRILEGIOUS OR DOES IT FALL UNDER THE OCCULT?:

WHENEVER SOMETHING IS BOTHERING ME I PICK UP MY BIBLE AND ONCE IN A WHILE, IT ACTS LIKE TAROT CARDS, I THINK ABOUT SOMETHING AND ASK THE BIBLE TO HELP ME IN MY MIND, AND I OPEN THE PAGE THAT FEELS RIGHT TO ME AND EVERY SINGLE TIME, AS LONG AS I DON'T ABUSE IT, IT OPENS TO A PASSAGE THAT PERTAINS TO MY SITUATION:

FOR EXAMPLE: MY SISTER WHO IS OLDER DOES NOT SPEAK TO ME, I THINK ABOUT HER AND IT I OPENED MY BIBLE, THE PASSAGE SHOWING WAS THAT TELLING OF THE TRIALS OF THE FIRST BORN,

ANOTHER TIME MY MOTHER FELL, EVERYONE I FELT WOULD BLAME ME, BECAUSE SHE MADE A FOOLISH DECISION TO CLIMB DOWN STEEP STEPS AND I COULDN'T STOP HER, I OPENED MY BIBLE AND IT CAME TO TIMOTHY, THE OVERSEER AND THE DEACON TELLING OF ALL THE THINGS YOU HAVE TO BE IN ORDER TO BE AN OVERSEER,

ANOTHER TIME I WANTED TO HELP PEOPLE FIND SOMEONE, I OPENED MY BIBLE AND I CAME TO A PASSAGE WHERE IT TOLD OF DOING THINGS FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DESERVE IT

THERE ARE MANY MORE TIMES WHERE IT HAPPENED THE SAME WAY,

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THAT? IF YOU CAN'T ANSWER ME, WHO CAN I ASK?

Answer
Hi Penny,
You have chosen the correct category. :)
It is good that you turn to the Bible when something is bothering you or when you need answers.  It is also a wonderful idea to stop and talk to God directly for a while and to be willing to listen to God for answers. If we are truly willing to listen God can give us the answer to our questions.  Reading the Bible can help us understand more about God, what He does and doesn't want.  The Bible can also help us learn more about people in general.

There is nothing wrong with asking God for help and immediately opening the Bible to the correct scriptures.  But doing this doesn't mean that you should stop your search there. Answers to questions are generally going to be in more than one place in the Bible.

"Whom will he teach knowledge?  And whom will he make to understand the message?  Those just weaned from milk? Those just drawn from the breast? (individuals that don't want to understand more than just a little truth or simple things) For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept, line upon line, line upon line, hear a little, there a little."  Isaiah 28:9-10

Initially turning to the correct place in the Bible, as long as you are asking God for the proper answer isn't like using the Bible as tarot cards nor does it have anything to do with the occult, or is it what some people would call psychic, it is just God's way of helping you get started, through His Spirit, in the right direction to find the answers you are seeking.

"Jesus said...If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.  Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help my unbelief!"  Mark 9:23-24

Our faith in God is very necessary and important in order to find and understand the answers we are seeking.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen....But without faith it is impossible to please Him (God), for he who comes to God must believe that He is , and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him."  Hebrews 11:1,6

The more faith, wisdom and understanding that we have in God the more He will be willing to share His Spirit with us and to work with us.

We should be willing to help others with what we learn from God and through the Bible by setting a wonderful example ourselves. Setting a good example to others is one of the best ways to show that God's way of life really works.  And we should treat others as we would want God to treat us.  We cannot help others that aren't interested. And not everyone is ready to learn or listen to God at the same time.  We all learn differently and at different times.

Some believe, including myself, that we have the potential to do far more than most are currently able to do because of a lack of faith and belief.  The example we are to follow is Christ's example, and look at everything at He did!  But having said that even Christ couldn't help certain individuals because of their unbelief.

"So they were offended at Him.  But Jesus said to them, "A prophet (note: someone with God's spirit that can accomplish miracles) is not without honor except in his own country and in his own house. And He did not do many mighty works there because of their unbelief."  Matthew 13:57-58

Obtaining answers from God has nothing to do with magic or the occult and everything to do with having faith and believing in God.  When we ask, daily, for forgiveness of our sins we should also ask God for His wisdom, understanding and knowledge (Proverbs 4:7 and Proverbs 16:16).  Asking also for God's spirit.  " If you love Me you will keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father and He will give you another Helper, that He may abide with you forever, even the Spirit of truth..."  John 14:15-17

Your being able to turn to the scriptures you need is just the beginning of what you are capable of doing as long as you are willing to truly listen to God.  "But seek first the kingdom of Heaven and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."  Matthew 6:33

"And you shall love the the Lord your God with all you heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, with all your strength,  This is the first commandment.  And the second, like it, is this:  You shall love your neighbor as yourself.  There is no other command greater than these."  Mark 12:30-31

Thank you for your question and please let me know if you have any further questions or comments.
Guyna

Bible Studies

Mel and Guyna Horne