Bible Studies/Birth date of Lord Jesus Christ.

Question
QUESTION: Dear Dennis

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus

We are in the 21st century current year being 2014.

As mentioned in the Wikipedia, Lord Jesus Christ was born in
64 BC to 3033 AD. We celebrate Christmas on 25th December, Lord Jesus Christ's Birth date.

In Which century Lord Jesus Christ was born ?. Is it 4th century as mentioned (64 BC to 3033 AD) in Wikipedia ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

ANSWER: Sorry

I only study the Bible and stick to the Bible. I don't allow distractions like history books which if you have been searching them have come to find they are little more than opinions. They rarely agree. One thing the Bible does say is:

Luke 2:1-5 KJV  And it came to pass in those days, that there went out a decree from Caesar Augustus, that all the world should be taxed.  (2)  (And this taxing was first made when Cyrenius was governor of Syria.)  (3)  And all went to be taxed, every one into his own city.  (4)  And Joseph also went up from Galilee, out of the city of Nazareth, into Judaea, unto the city of David, which is called Bethlehem; (because he was of the house and lineage of David:)  (5)  To be taxed with Mary his espoused wife, being great with child.

It's not by accidents the Bible used tax records to record the date. There are parallels between Jesus' birth and return. Seeing any tax increases? Now notice the Bible says all the world was taxed. Stick to the basics and understand what is in the Bible before jumping around to collect a bunch of opinions.

QUESTION: Dear Dennis

Thank you.

But in Which century Lord Jesus was born?.

1 Century = 100 years. We are in the 21st century. Current Year being 2014.  

1st century - 1-99
2nd century - 100-199
3rd century - 200-299
4th century - 300-399
5th century - 400-499
6th century - 500-599
7th century - 600-699
8th century - 700-799
9th century -800-899
10th century -900-999
11th century -1000-1099
12th century -1100-1199
13th century -1200-1299
14th century -1300-1399
15th century -1400-1499
16th century -1500-1599
17th century -1600-1699
18th century-1700-1799
19th century-1800-1899
20th century - 1900 -1999
21st century - 2000 - 2099 -> Current Century.   

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
I am answering this from memory. Most historians place Jesus' birth at about 3 BC to 4 AD. That places His birth in the 1st century give or take a few years. I know this can be confusing. I looked at a few websites and not one of them agree.

Matthew 1:17 KJV  So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations; and from David until the carrying away into Babylon are fourteen generations; and from the carrying away into Babylon unto Christ are fourteen generations.

Matthew added some interesting notes on the subject but I never studied them in depth.

You can check out my web site which contains a number of articles explaining how the Bible works within patterns between prophecies and the fulfillments recorded in scripture. I've completed 144 studies following those patterns with perfect consistency.

http://adventbiblestudy.wordpress.com/2014/02/02/psalms-6914-31-sour-wine-unders

Bible Studies

Dennis Herman