Bible Studies/Birth date of Lord Jesus Christ.

Dear Scott

We are in the 21st century current year being 2014.

As mentioned in the Wikipedia, Lord Jesus Christ was born in
64 BC to 3033 AD. We celebrate Christmas on 25th December, Lord Jesus Christ's Birth date.

In Which century Lord Jesus Christ was born ?. Is it 4th century as mentioned (64 BC to 3033 AD) in Wikipedia ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hello Prashant,

You asked, "In which century was Jesus born?" I'm assuming you meant, "In which year was Jesus born?"

When comparing the words of the Bible with the historical record, our best estimate puts the year of Christ's birth at somewhere between 6 B.C. to 4 B.C.

The following web site provides further details:

The reason for the odd date is that, when the Gregorian Calendar (aka Western Calendar or Christian Calendar) was created in the 1500's, an error was made in establishing the birth year of Christ.

As for the day of Christ's birth, it probably was not December 25. It was more likely in the spring.

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot

I have studied the Bible and Bible-related topics since the time I was very young. My education includes a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Bible, and a Master of Divinity degree. I enjoy delving into deep theological issues and always enjoy a healthy debate. But more importantly, I like working with people and helping them to find the answers that they are looking for. And I am convinced that these answers are available in the Bible.

By the grace and mercy of God, I have been saved, born again, adopted into the family of God. God has given me a love for the Bible, and for Bible-related subjects. In addition, He has blessed me with ongoing training in the Scriptures, from my youth on up. The more I learn about God through His Word, the more I want to share!

Campus Crusade for Christ, Grace Church at Willow Valley

Pillsbury Baptist Bible College - B.S. Bible & Pastorology; Calvary Baptist Theological Seminary - M.Div.