Bible Studies/Birth date of Lord Jesus Christ.

Question
Dear Scott

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus

We are in the 21st century current year being 2014.

As mentioned in the Wikipedia, Lord Jesus Christ was born in
64 BC to 3033 AD. We celebrate Christmas on 25th December, Lord Jesus Christ's Birth date.

In Which century Lord Jesus Christ was born ?. Is it 4th century as mentioned (64 BC to 3033 AD) in Wikipedia ?.

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Answer
Hello Prashant,

You asked, "In which century was Jesus born?" I'm assuming you meant, "In which year was Jesus born?"

When comparing the words of the Bible with the historical record, our best estimate puts the year of Christ's birth at somewhere between 6 B.C. to 4 B.C.

The following web site provides further details:  http://www.gotquestions.org/what-year-was-Jesus-born.html

The reason for the odd date is that, when the Gregorian Calendar (aka Western Calendar or Christian Calendar) was created in the 1500's, an error was made in establishing the birth year of Christ.

As for the day of Christ's birth, it probably was not December 25. It was more likely in the spring.

Scott

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot