Bible Studies/the cross

Question
My pastor believes that when Jesus said we are to deny self and "take up the cross" it could mean "take up HIS cross" which makes NO sense to me! How can I get him to understand his thinking is wrong?

Answer
All in Christ Jesus bare their individual cross.  Believers live the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning us individually (1 Thess.5:17-18 below).  

Before the world began God called us with a holy calling, according to His own purpose which was given us in Christ Jesus (2 Tim.1:9 below).

We did not choose Jesus, Jesus chose us, and ordained us (John 15:16 below).

Having been chosen we are predestinated according to the purpose of God who works all things after the counsel of His own Will (Eph.1:11 below).

We are predestinated unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to Himself, according to the good pleasure of His Will (Eph.1:5 below).

1 Thess.5:17   Pray without ceasing.

1 Thess.5:18   In every thing give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

2 Tim.1:9      Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus BEFORE the world began.

John 15:16     Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

Eph.1:11      In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Eph.1:5      Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

google.com/+PatriciaBurns

Bible Studies

Patricia Burns