Bible Studies/IS SHE SAVED ?

Question
Hi Mel and Guyna Horne

I've been a practicing Born Again Christian for about 15 years. My wife of 13 yrs. is not a believer in JESUS CHRIST. And says; " When I die that's it, no heaven or hell. I'm dead and that's it "

My Question Please:  Being that I believe in the Lord JESUS CHRIST the only Son Of GOD.
Will my wife be automatically saved, because I believe in the Lord JESUS ?

Thank you
GOD BLESS YOU BOTH
Ray M.

Answer
Greetings Ray,

The answer to your question is "No".   But there are ways that you can help and encourage your wife to believe and live God's way of life.

Many years ago God taught me something through that was very different from what Mel and I had understood to be the truth.  I spent weeks trying to make Mel believe this new understanding and the harder I tried the more he resisted.  I became very frustrated because "I" couldn't make him understand.  Obviously my frustration only added to the problem of the difference in understanding between us. By setting  a very selfish example trying to insist that I was right and Mel's understanding was wrong, I wasn't putting his needs above my own. It was a very uncomfortable few months in our lives.

It wasn't until I realized that I couldn't make someone else change no matter how much I loved him and wanted him to understand.  It wasn't until I started asking God to fill us both with His understanding and His truth that Mel begin to look into and study what I had learned.  One of the most difficult things I have ever had to learn was to be silent, patient and give my wonderful husband time to learn. By giving up, getting myself out of the way, and allowing God to show Mel what I had already learned I was putting God and my husband head of my own wants.  I learned that putting others first and setting the right example is far more important than anything I could do or say.

"And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind, and with all your strength: this is the first commandment.  An the second is like, namely this, You shall love others as yourself.  There are no other commandments greater than these."  Mark 12:30-31

"Enter in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leads to destruction, and many go in this way. Because strait is the gate and narrow is the way, which leads to true life, and there are few that find it." Mat 7:13-14

" Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it shall be opened to you; for every one that asks will receive, and he that seeks will find; and to him that knock it will be opened......Therefore all things you would want someone to do to you, do also for them for this is the law and the prophets."  Mat 7:7-12

Matthew 7:7-12 instructs us to ask God for what we need and to be persistent.  It encourages us to always treat others as we want God to treat us.  We want the best for those we love but there are times when all we can do is set the right example in all things.  We can ask God to work with someone else, to teach them as well, but each individual has to be willing to listen to God.  Everyone learns at their own pace and it frequently isn't on our schedule. lol

Just because your wife doesn't currently believe in God or Christ doesn't mean that she will always believe this way.  The example you set now will go a long way toward letting God know that you are serious about living His way of life and showing your wife that there is more to True Life than just the physical first part of our lives.  And as long as you are setting the right example there is nothing wrong with asking God to give your wife a nudge in the right direction.  Just remember to be patient.  Once she decides to listen to God you may be surprised at how fast she learns.
Once Mel started studying and understanding what God had shown me, he far surpassed the knowledge that God had initially shown to me.  We both decided that part of the reason for the entire 'exercise' was for me to learn to be more patient. :)

Each individual makes choices though out their lives and those choices generally effect others, either immediately or later on. The love and patience we show toward others can have a lasting and positive impact later on in someone's life. Have faith in God, set the right example, be patient, and the time will come when your wife will understand that living the true way of life, God's way of life, is the only way to have true happiness and eternal life.  The example you set now may well save your wife's life later on.

Thank you for your question and we hope this has helped.  We are always happy to help.
The Hornes
>

Bible Studies

Mel and Guyna Horne