Bible Studies/Years of the Earth

Question
QUESTION: What would you say it is the Earth age, according to the Bible?
Thank you,
Leonardo

ANSWER: Bible scholars figure earth age is less than 10,000 years.  Here’s a website from a Christian I respect.  Probably a lot more info than you want to go through, but very interesting.
http://creationtoday.org/tag/age-of-the-earth/?type=article
   I am amazed at all the details the Bible contains about specific dates in history and specific locations on the map.  Many details roll right over our heads until we start comparing them.  As we become more and more familiar with the Bible, significance of different details starts to soak in.  Makes Bible reading a never ending adventure with the Creator of this awesome, complex world we live in.
   Enjoy!
   Priscilla Lyons

QUESTION: Hi Priscilla,
However, there is evidence showing that the Earth is older than what the Bible says (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_the_Earth). As a Cristian, how to believe in both evidences (the Bible vs. that of Science)?
Thank you,
Leonardo

Answer
Hey, I hope you’re not reading Wikipedia before reading your Bible!!!
   Secular scientists don’t calculate time using true history of a world wide flood with all its weather and geological implications.  Noah’s flood is a much more rational, scientific explanation for fossils, earth layers, coal, gas and oil formation, sea shells on mountain tops (I love my Himalayan sea salt—how about you?), etc.  Do you recall the eruption of Mount St. Helens in 1980 or so?  The consequences of just this tiny miniature of Noah’s flood captures in unarguable evidence, in a matter of months, what secular scientists claim took millions of years to form.  
   Christian scientists use the same terminology as used on Wikipedia to show scientific evidence of a recent creation, so don’t get discouraged hearing only one side of the issue.  I’m not a scientist, but if you’re interested, the info is available—check out the web page I sent to you.
   II Peter 3:4-5 Beware of people who claim that “all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.  For this they WILLINGLY ARE IGNORANT...”  There was a catastrophe that changed this world completely.  “all the fountains of the great deep were broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened” Gen.7:11—no more water canopy to create a lush, tropical greenhouse everywhere—no more tigers or palm trees in the artic—instead we have oil there.  Don’t you remember the big oil company symbol of a tiger in your tank?  Peat bogs with trapped animals over millions of years?  Ha!  Like dead animals would survive long enough to turn into oil-NOT!  You know very well that scavengers make quick work of dead animals.  But if you flood live animals and vegetation with millions of tons of water—enough to cover mountains—you get what we have.
   The secular scientists have an agenda.  Romans 1: 20-25 “Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator.”  We humans have a tendency to want to be our own boss and don’t want to worship and serve our Creator, but the very air we breathe is provided by our Creator and only through Him are our molecules held together.  Colossian 1:16-17
   We humans discover some amazing comet or medical cure or can explain gravity or something else that is part of God’s wonderful creation, and we take credit for it instead of giving credit to the Creator.  Thieves and liars—that’s what we are.
   Have fun in your scientific studies!
   Mrs. Lyons

Bible Studies

Mrs. Priscilla Lyons