Bible Studies/Christmas Celebration.

Question
Dear Patricia

Christmas Day is celebrated for the birth of Lord Jesus Christ.

Will you be against lighting Fire crackers on the Christmas Day as part of Christmas celebrations which Hindus celebrate during Diwali festival by lighting Fire crackers?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Prashant, thank you for your question.

I very much doubt the Jesusí birth occurred on the day the world celebrates.

I read a very impressive work, written in 1975, by Author, Frank R. Klassen who followed the timeline from Adam to the ascension to come to the view that Jesusí birth was on the 1st of April.

I know there are other views, but this work looked as such a labor of love on Mr. Klassenís part that I have been prone to seriously consider his view.

My enthusiasm for December 25 is somewhat diminished.

I will not be celebrating as the Hindus are celebrating during the Diwali festival, and it is not for us to judge one another (Matt.7:1-2 below).

Matt.7:1       Judge not, that ye be not judged.

Matt.7:2       For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

google.com/+PatriciaBurns  

Bible Studies

Patricia Burns