Bible Studies/Christmas Celebration.

Dear Roy

Christmas Day is celebrated for the birth of Lord Jesus Christ.

Will you be against lighting Fire crackers on the Christmas Day as part of celebrations which Hindus celebrate during Diwali festival by lighting Fire crackers?.

Dear Prashant,
 My apology for the delayed response.
 The short answer is "yes".  I would be opposed to lighting firecrackers as part of another religious celebration.  Christians should not associate with other religions.  Our focus should be on Christ, especially when we celebrate His birth, and we should point others to Him and not to other gods.
 Paul addressed this many times in his letters to churches.  The direct application for us is in 2 Corinthians 6:11-18.  Especially, it says in verse 15 that there is a separation between Christ and the evil one.
God bless,
- Roy

Bible Studies

Roy Wallen

Using the Bible as my primary source and references in support of it, I am willing to answer questions on subjects from the Old and New Testaments. My faith is based on biblical Christianity and fundamental views from the Bible. I cannot answer questions about specific sects or religious organizations nor can I address religions outside biblical Christianity. As a Christian for over 40 years, I have studied many aspects of the Christian faith. My particular interests are in creation and the natural processes of the world around us and how they fit with the biblical record. I believe that all Scripture is inspired by God. I believe that there are no contradictions in the Bible and that the Bible is complete in telling us as individuals how we should relate to God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit; our purpose on earth; and how we should live. Greek lauguage study has helped me gain additional insight into the New Testament but most of my reference work is done in English and, to a lesser degree, German.

Personal Bible study over the years, lessons delivered in Sunday School settings and messages during organized services, and leading Bible study series have prepared me to be comfortable addressing questions from others.

See for professional background information.

Formal study includes Greek language. I am a layman without a theological degree. Training has come from sitting under the ministry of excellent Bible teachers for my entire adult life, personal study, and selected courses. Secular educational background includes an undergraduate engineering degree, graduate work in engineering and business, and advanced courses in business and theology.