Bible Studies/Christmas Celebration.

Dear Pastor Thurman

Christmas Day is the Celebration of
Lord Jesus Christ Birth.

This is celebrated having a Christmas tree, cakes, chocolates, Santa Claus distributing gifts to Children.

Will you be against lighting Fire crackers as part of Christmas celebrations which Hindus celebrate during Diwali festival?.

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Dear Prashant,

Thank you for your question about fireworks on Christmas. I find nothing in the Bible against such activity.

During this Christmas season, it would be good to spend time reading the gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke, John. Matthew, Mark and Luke tell the story of Jesusí life, each telling it in the way that they saw it (much as witnesses in a trial may remember different aspects of an incident).

John, on the other hand remembers the teachings of Christ, and presents Him as He is in theological terms. We are indebted to John for explaining to us the real JesusóGod in human flesh, Who came to earth and, in human nature, conquered the devil at every turn. He was sinless, even though He was a man (something that no other person has ever done.) He was persecuted by those He came to save, and the leaders of Judaism finally put Him to death. He was sinless, yet He died to give everyone a chance to live eternally. God became a man so that man may one day be able to stand in the throne-room of God!

Check out my web site and read some of the books Iíve written.

I wish you a joyous Christmas season.

Thurman Petty,

Bible Studies

Thurman C. Petty, Jr.

I`ve been a Pastor and Bible teacher for 40 years.

I`m a writer--author of 18 Bible-based books and over 200 journal articles. Web site: where a lot of my books and writings are posted. I've been married to the same lovely lady for 55 years. We're more in love now than when we married. My wife and I were missionaries to Pitcairn Island, in the South Pacific, from 1982-1984.

I've been a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church since the age of 9.

Books: Pacific Press Publishing Association; PettyPress. Number of titles published: 16. Journal Articles: Adventist Review; Signs of the Times; Guide Magazine; Ministry: A Journal for Clergy; Sabbath School Leadership; The Youth's Instructor; Student Movement; Cord, and others. Total Journal articles: over 200. Web Site: Contents: 18 of my books; 41 Bible study guides; over 30 sermons; Stories; poems; links to other sites, etc. E-mail address:

I have a BA and a Master`s degree--both degrees are in Biblical studies.

I was awarded the "Golden Cord" from my Alma Mater, Union College in Lincoln, Nebraska, for my foreign mission service.