Bible Studies/communion wine

Question
In the old testament God uses his goblet of wine and punishes people by making them drink it; psalm75:8, Isaiah 51:17.

Is there any connection with Jesus' communion wine or blood and punishment of the wicked in the new testament?

THank you

Answer
I see no connection with the punishing goblet with the blessed Eucharist, the union with the life-giving body and blood of the Messiah.
Jesus also used the image of the bitter cup-- He referred to His passion/death as such.  
I find the two concepts of the life-giving Eucharist for divine liturgy and the bitter cup of suffering for wrong-doing are diametrically opposed to each other.

Thanks, Pete, for meditating and writing.  Best wishes.

Bible Studies

Edward Bode