Bible Studies/were the kenites jews

Question
hello =- i would like to know if the kenites in the book of judges were jews or was mixing with them against God's commands.

Thank you

Answer
In Genesis 15:19 (the first mention of the Kenites), the Bible says that these peoples were inhabitants of the land promised Abraham (called Abram at this time).  They are also mentioned in Numbers 24:21; 1 Samuel 15, 27, and 30; and 1 Chronicles 2; as well as the passage in Judges 4.  These passages indicate that the Kenites were not part of Israel but they did intermarry with the Israelites.  In Judges 4, we see that the Kenites were allies and supported Deborah in the battle against Sisera.  There was also a relationship to Moses by marriage.  There is no indication that these relationships (as allies and in marriage) were against God's commands.

Bible Studies

Roy Wallen