Bible Studies/Love your enemies psalm.

Question
Dear Edward

In the Holy Bible - Matthew - 5:43, Love your enemies, Forgive your enemies I have the following questions.

1 In the 21st century, is it possible to achieve the above?.

2 Will the enemy think in the same line,as we think?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Nice to hear again from you, Prashant.
Jesus' words on love and forgiveness of "enemies" is one of the most interesting topics about the newness of Christianity.
Jesus' enemies put Him to death but He forgave them -- Luke 23:34.  The disciples of Jesus should imitate their Master [1 Peter 2:23] -- a good way to heap "coals of fire" [Romans 12:20] on the heads of one's enemies.
Whether we can achieve this distinctive Christian goal and convert others to think as Jesus wishes remains to be seen.  However, we need to act with confidence in God's grace that the victory will come.  God has put "all things in subjection under His [Christ's] feet" 1 Cor 15:27.
In summary, "Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you" [Luke 6:27].
Each of us must take the first step.  

Best wishes!

Bible Studies

Edward Bode