Bible Studies/Love your enemies psalm.

Question
Dear Scott

In the Holy Bible - Matthew - 5:43, Love your enemies, Forgive your enemies I have the following questions.

1 In the 21st century, is it possible to achieve the above?.

2 Will the enemy think in the same line,as we think?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Hi Prashant.

You asked:

1. Is it possible to love and forgive one's enemies, as Jesus commands?

Answer:  Easy? No. Possible? Yes, but only with God's help. Such action runs contrary to our human nature. This kind of love comes only from God.

2. Will our enemies think this way? Will they treat us with the same love and forgiveness?

Answer:  Probably not. But God tells us that our love should be unconditional. We are told to love our enemies, not because they deserve it, but because God said so. Think about it. We don't deserve God's love, and yet He gives it graciously.

Think about it. If Jehovah God, the God of the Bible, were just another man-made god--a being of our own imaginative creation--would we ever conceive of such a God? I think not.

Scott

Bible Studies

Scott Talbot