Bible Studies/Love your enemies psalm.

Dear Marilyn

In the Holy Bible - Matthew - 5:43, Love your enemies, Forgive your enemies I have the following questions.

1 In the 21st century, is it possible to achieve the above?.

2 Will the enemy think in the same line,as we think?.

Hello Prashant;

Yes, it is possible to love our enemies in the 21st century. They don't deserve it. We do it because of our love for Jesus who commanded it. Christians transformed Rome this way, though some were martyred for the cause of Christ in the process. Jesus loved us when we were sinners and enemies of God, so now we're in His shoes when we love our enemies.

Proverbs 25:21 & 22, "If your enemy is hungry, give him food to eat; if he is thirsty, give him water to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head, and the LORD will reward you."

Forgiveness is not a thing we do for the person who has hurt us, it is a thing we do for our own well being. The person who has wronged us may be completely indifferent to us, even oblivious to us--that person doesn't care if we forgive and will not feel our forgiveness. We forgive so that we may be healed. Just as when a child keeps picking at a gash, it won't heal--it might even become infected--we have to quit picking at our pain and forgive. We forgive, by force of will if necessary, and then ask God to deal with the problem: "Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: 'It is mine to avenge; I will repay,' says the Lord," Romans 12;19.

It doesn't matter if the enemy thinks like we do. We are supposed to think differently from him. God's ways look like foolishness to the world.

Bible Studies

I can answer questions on issues about evolution and creationism. I can answer questions on how the Bible applies to every day life and the future of mankind. I have some understanding of spiritual warfare. I have a broad, basic knowledge of many topics and can answer general questions. If I don`t know the answer to your question, I`m not going to try and pretend that I do. But every answer a questioner receives from any person, expert here or anywhere else, must be weighed against what the Bible says and laid before God in prayer. Spiritual issues are too important to just accept what a person tells you without confirmation from the Bible and the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Spirit who gives a person wisdom. He will give peace regarding how to handle any issue or teaching if it is correct.

I am a life long student of the Bible and have tested its teachings under fire and found them solid.

I have a Bachelor's degree in English and Art Education. I am a mother, and I think that is an educational qualification of itself.