Bible Studies/Love your enemies psalm.

Dear Roy

In the Holy Bible - Matthew - 5:43, Love your enemies, Forgive your enemies I have the following questions.

1 In the 21st century, is it possible to achieve the above?.

2 Will the enemy think in the same line,as we think?.

Jesus teaches us that the law was replaced by a new set of commandments.  It is possible to love our enemies, by the grace and strength that can only come from God - we cannot do this by our own power.  Our enemies may not have the same approach but we are commanded to act favorably toward them - Jesus didn't say to do this if you get a good response.  He said to do it.  

Imagine you treat your enemy favorably, as if he is a friend.  Will he soften his approach toward you?  Will he see that you are acting in a way that reflects Jesus?  Even if he does not have a positive response, we are still commanded to act as Jesus says.

Bible Studies

Roy Wallen

Using the Bible as my primary source and references in support of it, I am willing to answer questions on subjects from the Old and New Testaments. My faith is based on biblical Christianity and fundamental views from the Bible. I cannot answer questions about specific sects or religious organizations nor can I address religions outside biblical Christianity. As a Christian for over 40 years, I have studied many aspects of the Christian faith. My particular interests are in creation and the natural processes of the world around us and how they fit with the biblical record. I believe that all Scripture is inspired by God. I believe that there are no contradictions in the Bible and that the Bible is complete in telling us as individuals how we should relate to God, Christ, and the Holy Spirit; our purpose on earth; and how we should live. Greek lauguage study has helped me gain additional insight into the New Testament but most of my reference work is done in English and, to a lesser degree, German.

Personal Bible study over the years, lessons delivered in Sunday School settings and messages during organized services, and leading Bible study series have prepared me to be comfortable addressing questions from others.

See for professional background information.

Formal study includes Greek language. I am a layman without a theological degree. Training has come from sitting under the ministry of excellent Bible teachers for my entire adult life, personal study, and selected courses. Secular educational background includes an undergraduate engineering degree, graduate work in engineering and business, and advanced courses in business and theology.