Bible Studies/Love your enemies psalm.

Question
Dear Patricia

In the Holy Bible - Matthew - 5:43, Love your enemies, Forgive your enemies I have the following questions.

1 In the 21st century, is it possible to achieve the above?.

2 Will the enemy think in the same line,as we think?.

Thanks
Prashant

Answer
Love your Enemies -

Jesusí declaration at Matthew 5:44 seems an almost impossible thing to achieve, but it is something that is possible to achieve in Jesus.

A good start would be to live the declaration given at 1 Corinthians 10:32.  Give NONE OFFENCE, neither to the Jews, nor to the Gentiles, nor to the church of God.  These three encompass all of mankind.

So then we demonstrate we love and respect all of humanity, the good and the evil.

Satan has his children (Ps.58:3, 1 Jn.3:8-10, Jn.3:12, Matt.13:38, Re.2:9, Jn.8:37-47).

Only righteous can accomplish this.

Matt.5:43    Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
Matt.5:44    But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
Matt.5:45    That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
Matt.5:46    For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
Matt.5:47    And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
Matt.5:48    Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

google.com/+PatriciaBurns

Bible Studies

Patricia Burns